Ask Toooj

tobiism,

Yes. We do Loc-tite the screws. The best way to remove the screws is to drill the heads off. Please call Ontario Customer Service and they will replace all of the screws (and stand offs if needed).
Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
VP of Engineering
Ontario Knife Comapny

Hey Paul. DEEP background question here. Does your new Siepmann VG have the 4th axis capability?

Hey Paul. DEEP background question here. Does your new Siepmann VG have the 4th axis capability?

54715963.jpg

This is why I'm glad we have Toooj here too.

jdm61,

Sorry, our Siepmann VG-3 only has 3 axis capability.
Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
VP of Engineering
Ontario Knife Company

dingy,

Yes. They are all 0.25" thick and have the same shape. They all fit into the same handle.
Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
VP of Engineering
Ontario Knife Company.

dingy,

Yes. They are all 0.25" thick and have the same shape. They all fit into the same handle.
Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
VP of Engineering
Ontario Knife Company.

thank you ,but i really mean is widths

dingy,

It is hard to give you a width as the tang tapers. As Boru13 says....

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
VP of Engineering
Ontario Knife Company

Toooj,

I was at my local Walmart and noticed a modified version of the pilot and Marine knife in the display. Slightly modified to exclude the double edge and fuller on the Marine version. What is the story on these two products and do you have any pictures of the the Marine knife sheath? Thanks.

DRE,

We offered Wal-Mart a modified version of both our 499 (JPSK) and 498 (USMC F/U) knives. Notice the lack of swedges, no fullers (bloodgrooves) non standard sheath, lower cost. We wanted Wally world customers to have Ontario products but not interfere with the existing Mil Spec knives and the existing pricing structure....The 498 Sheath is basically the same as the Mil Spec sheath but it is sourced overseas....it is still a quality sheath.
Putting these modded versions in Wal-Mart helps our bottom line and gets "Made in USA" product into the mass market big boxes.
Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
VP of Engineering
Ontario Knife Company

The 498 Sheath is basically the same as the Mil Spec sheath but it is sourced overseas....it is still a quality sheath.

Hi Toooj,

Is the color of the 498 sheath tan or black? I cant find any pics on the web.

Thanks,
Dan

DRE,

It is black. The Wal-Mart 498 handles are turned but not dyed; so they are tan same as the JPSK.
Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
VP of Engineering
Ontario Knife Company

Looking forward to seeing what direction/s OKC will be going in, in the future. Personally, I would LOVE to see the Spec-Plus line expanded, & maybe a few older ones brought back. I am still loving my SP-Quartermaster.

I would also like to see the SP line expand.
If you need some ideas you know where I am.;)

hi you all and OKC.

i have some ontario hiden tang knives , i wanna ask few Qs about hiden tang:

how about 498 & FF6 tang shape ?

is there sharp corner on neck ?

is it similar to kabar 1217?

do you guys have tang pics of both knives that i mention above ?

i am sorry for too many Qs here .
thanks
dingy

ps: i really like the tang shape on sp knives . thses days i searched google , want to get tang pics on 499 and FF6, but failed .

just find a pic of Chimera

UanDg8x.jpg

Last edited:
Back