1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Asking about the value of a particular knife

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by sjhoffma, Jun 11, 2019.

1. sjhoffma

sjhoffma Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 28, 2018
    I have read the rules of the exchange, etc, and I am not trying to test the waters for interest, I genuinely would like some advice from the knowledgeable members of this form on how I should price a collectible custom knife, that unfortunately I am forced to sell. I am curious what about its condition may affect its value. I certainly don't want to break any rules, wondering where the best place to post such an inquiry is without upsetting anyone.

Thanks so much!

2. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    If there is a sub forum related to this particular knife(such as CRK), that would work best. That is where those with the knowledge are. Otherwise the general discussion forum is where I see them.

sjhoffma likes this.
  3. sjhoffma

Jun 28, 2018
    Thanks Peter, I appreciate it!

4. WValtakis

WValtakis Gold Member Gold Member

May 29, 2004
    You're a gold member, it's perfectly acceptable to post a "Price check " thread in the applicable forum:thumbsup:

5. sjhoffma

Jun 28, 2018
    Thanks, that's more or less what I was wondering. Thanks!

WValtakis likes this.