Asking for input/help on a WC user that needs TLC

Thanks for all the feedback folks, I appreciate it.

As much as I wanted to keep it I just had a bad feeling and worried i would end up putting too much money into it.

Sent it back today, hope the guy refunds like he said. He doesn’t seem too pleased that I am sending it back and told me “it’s still a great knife”.
I told him I agree but it needs work, and I sent him the pics of some of the issues.
:eek:
Please keep use all apprised on this and start a good bad and ugly with his information If he should decide to be one of them kind of fellas. Even though it wasn't from here. I don't think any of us here want to do business with him if he turns out to be the kind of person that offers a refund then whines when you take him up on it because the knife is not what he described.

Too much thought and drama. I wouldn't pay $260 for this. Send back and take the refund. No indecision in my mind. Just because of the rust!

As the buyer you have the advantage. And yes. Once you open it up and fool with it, the seller might (rightfully), refuse refund. Get another one you will be happy with. And not try to constantly convince yourself you made a good purchase. I know this from experience. Life's short. Get what you want.

Last edited:
I wouldn't do anything until it is decided to keep it. Once you start fooling with it said:
It would be very hard to resist especially since it’s obvious the seller doesn’t know how to assemble the knife properly. You’d actually be doing him a favor to return a properly assembled knife. On principal though you are correct. I retract my previous statement, if you take it apart the knife you should keep it.

Last edited:
Refund all the way. Everything is "fixable" but likely lock the 100% lockup. Regardless, $350 was way too high. Get you a refund and look for another. They come up fairly often for sale. Check here, Reddit, Facebook BST and Facebook Exchange pages. Post a WTB for one. You'll find one. A better one!

Also watch the Arizona Custom Knives website.

PS - I just checked my records. I paid $400 for my used WC 21 in May of 2018.
It looks brand new. Better deals are out there, Sir.

My knife hunting motto. “Be Diligent, Determined, and Decisive.”

Last edited:
bbk357 bbk357

I've sold all of my very good condition Wilson Combat models around the $400 Mark barely so if possible I would return it. That is totally unacceptable and in that condition not worth more than $250 imo.

Last edited:
^^^^^^

Yep thanks guys.
I sent it back yesterday.
I’m hoping for a refund Thursday or Friday .... :oops:

If anyone has a spare let me know!

^^^^^^

Yep thanks guys.
I sent it back yesterday.
I’m hoping for a refund Thursday or Friday .... :oops:

If anyone has a spare let me know!
Wise move! Good luck with your refund and as others have suggested keep us posted.

Back