Assembled My First Knife

I am inspired by the beautiful knives shown here. I assembled this knife from parts, basically a kit. I added my own wenge wood scales. My pinning needs some work. It has a very stiff pull but a snap open and closed about 8/10. Overall I'm quite pleased for my first attempt. I learned alot, most of all an even greater appreciation for the skill of the masters, both present and past. Comments greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P1030761x.jpg

P1030762x.jpg

P1030769x.jpg

Looks great! Nice wood scales too. Reminds me of pics I've seen of Coconut Palm wood.

What is the pattern called? How long is it closed?

Looks great for your first knife, great place to start putting kits together-. eventually maybe you
will want to make the parts.
Ken.

Thanks very much. The closed length is 3 5/8 inches. Pattern...not sure. I'd call it a jackknife. It has a swayback but the top line does not follow the bottom. It's more like a shadow barlow.

Thanks very much. The closed length is 3 5/8 inches. Pattern...not sure. I'd call it a jackknife. It has a swayback but the top line does not follow the bottom. It's more like a shadow barlow.

Thanks, s-k. The more I look at it, the more I like it.

Nice job! How long did it take to build? Now get to making another so we can see it too.

Back