Atlas Forges in stock?

Love my Atlas Mini. It's incredibly efficient with propane, and although some of my knives are out-growing it size-wise, I can't ever see replacing it for small-to-medium knives. Just forged a petty in it tonight, in fact.

Well, the graham is now almost $500 after shipping. So I went with a mini. I figure I can upgrade later and have a killer little portable forge too.

The Graham forge seems to have undergone a total redesign and now comes with a blown burner versus a venturi burner (tho both were 100k BTU IIRC).

The Graham forge seems to have undergone a total redesign and now comes with a blown burner versus a venturi burner (tho both were 100k BTU IIRC).
I have a prototype hellfire double burner forge with this blown burner. It seems to hold lower temps very well. I can run less than 1 psi of gas pressure. Using a cheap 12v fan as a blower is genius. Hats off to Atlas forge.

Thanks for the kind words about the forges. Actually, it hasn't gone through as drastic a redesign as you might think. Remember, this is it's 5th revision. I just undid most of the 3rd and 4th revisions. Here's a pic of the original built in 2012 and the 2nd revision a couple years later. Round chamber, side burner, handle, basically the same. Of course, the cast refractory instead of bricks or wool is a huge improvement, and everything is now laser cut. The blown burner is a a definitely improvement, also.

Wish I could remember what happened to that original Graham forge.2012 11 10 - 09.25.35 2.jpg Forge-Heat--e1458595562570.jpg

Wish I could remember what happened to that original Graham forge.

I think I have it. I'll take a photo when I am out in the shop this weekend and post it.

My gen3 (I think) is still chugging strong

ftayjkI.jpg

Wish I could remember what happened to that original Graham forge.

I think I have it. I'll take a photo when I am out in the shop this weekend and post it.
No, I think you have the first version 3 prototype. That thing was a HEAVY beast. I need to send you one of the new ones. . .and an anvil. June, when the new anvils get here, one of the first Graham anvils is coming to you! You wouldn't have been happy with the Atlas prototype that you had, it was too soft. The new ones are 4150, tough as heck, and the Graham are going to be awesome.

Yep, Gen 3, square body, split down the middle. Gen 4 was top and bottom split. If you're having issues, I have a new burner that will make vast improvements

Great, I’ll reach out separately to learn more about the new burner. I love my forge, but if there’s an opportunity for it to be even better I’m interested ;)

Back