Atlatl hunting anyone?

I don't see why, legally, you can't hunt in just that hi-vis loincloth. As long as it's 200 sq. in., the game warden can't touch you.

Keep the khuk handy to cut through the butterfly nets.

Ad Astra

Lacking the loincloth, I wonder if 200 square inches of blaze orange body paint wouldn't suffice.

Ad Astra said:
I don't see why, legally, you can't hunt in just that hi-vis loincloth. As long as it's 200 sq. in., the game warden can't touch you.

Keep the khuk handy to cut through the butterfly nets.

Ad Astra

i'd think that anyone in their right mind would not want to touch any of us after looking at us in a loincloth (or 200 sq. in. of int'l orange paint). i know i'm at the stage where i want to cover up more than expose, and i suspect the same for many of the rest here. :)

kronckew said:
i'd think that anyone in their right mind would not want to touch any of us after looking at us in a loincloth (or 200 sq. in. of int'l orange paint). i know i'm at the stage where i want to cover up more than expose, and i suspect the same for many of the rest here. :)

You got that right Kronckew!!!! Being an old Okie ndn I still hate clothes but instead of running around in only a pair of gym shorts I have stayed pretty well covered the last year.;)

Millie decided she wants to go atlatl hunting, so she made me put on her int'l orang loin cloth, nuthin like a girl in a loincloth to impress the fellers.

loincloth.jpg

Blue thought he's better put his on as well with all them spears flying about

loincloth2.jpg

they both asked what's an atlatl, and will they taste good when we catch one?

(p.s. - international orange & my phone camera don't seem to like each other)

Is there such a thing as an assault atlatl?

If atlatls are outlawed, only criminals would have atlatls.

:)

BruiseLeee said:
Is there such a thing as an assault atlatl?

If atlatls are outlawed, only criminals would have atlatls.

:)

Yes they do make an assault atlatl. It has a banana clip that holds 17 6' darts and can launch these darts at 250 darts per minute.

In addition to getting you in trouble with the ATF it gives the user a wicked case of tennis elbow:D

Jake

Magazine capacity aside, assault atlatls are easily recognizable because of their black phosphate finish and checkered bakelite grips. Armory markings include those from Lower Slobovia and Getouttahereistan. Retrofit parts are available to correct the problem of the sheet metal safety/selector lever producing a loud, audible click, which could spook the pirate zombie mouse you're stalking.

Sarge

atlatls are pretty cool. They remind me of javelins. I gotta recommend that everyone throws a spear and javelin at least once in their life. Gotta be part of a full life. Something about them that takes me back to the days when the dinosaurs roamed and we ate them. :D

Yvsa said:
Dave, don't make it outta wool.:rolleyes: ;) :D

Knowing Dave he would make it out of rusty barbed wire ! L:O:L

Yvsa, good to have you back .

As far as that Atlatl goes ? Its the first one I saw with finger hole/grips . I guess it must give you a sure grip . It kinda looks awkward to me .

Back