Attn' Bram, congrats

G'Day fellas, I know the Gunting has been out for a while now but I had been putting off getting one until I actually handled one. My local shop here got one in the other day and needless to say he only had it on display for approx 1 hour before I relieved him of it.

The pics don't do this knife justice. This knife is a definate improvement on previous Spyderco "tacticals". They are finally putting decent sized scales and liners on the handles. While the Military and Co are plenty strong enough and I never had one fail me, they just felt a bit thin and flimsy in the handle. A knife with a little mass behind it inspires confidence I think. I was VERY impressed with the full steel liners and the VERY thick G10 scales, they are thicker than the scales on my SERE2000 which is no lightweight itself. The Compression lock exceeded my expectations also- very solid, very reliable and no blade play.

For a 3 inch blade this is one mean nasty little knife, It might look a little weird but it works. Typical Spyderco, it came very sharp.

My only dislike is the low riding clip but I realize it is do to the overall design.

Bram, if you're out there, where can I get a Kydex holster for the Gunting? I have read that Skunkworks make them but I have no contact details.

Anyway, congratulations Bram on designing a knife that is different and lives up to it's design - a rare occurance !

Regards

Peter

the skunkworks sheaths are really the thing - they work great w/everything from belts to sweatpants to shorts - imho one should come with the knife from spyderco, thats how much i think it adds......

sifu

Back