it! :eek:

Is this just a 'sterile' model or what? I see the
ads at different vendors on the net with different
pics as well, some sterile blades and some with
"BK&T Camillus," etc. on them. Why two different
styles?

Thanks for any info!

Plainsman,
Sorry that I somehow missed this the frist time around.....looking at the date of the original post, it looks like this was around SHOTSHOW time, and we were kinda busy:rolleyes:

I have NO IDEA how an umarked BK9 got out of the factory. I have 1 unmarked one, but it was a production proto that was put together for photo's, and it was ready before the tang stamp tooling was completed. There was only 1 of those done that I know of[that got coated], and I have it:)

Unless the factory did more than 1[possiblity] and it got out the doors, your knife must have just missed being stamped. We have not done any "run of sterile knives" that your could have come from.

If you wish, we will be glad to replace yours with a properly marked knife. Just call 800-344-0456, and customer service will take care of you!

Thanks for being a customer!

Now you have me wondering again...Would 'unmarked' make it worth more to a 'collector?' Could it also be a 'copy?' Should I hang onto it as it is 'unique?' :)

So far I love it! :)

Plainsman, usually any item that is a oddity of a production run is worth more to collectors especially is what Will said is so. If he has the only other sterile blade in existance I wouldn't give mine up for anything, worth more money or not.

Just my opinion.

unmarked items escape the factory now and then.

i've got a couple :)

now, why would you doubt that it's not a real BK?

Bladite

Bladite,

With the copying capabilities in China now, I wondered if maybe somebody tried to copy Beckers. Copies of so many knives are out there, it was just a thought.

As a sidenote to the copying...I have a friend who was approached by an acquaintance who wanted him to go into a partnership with him in either North Face or Columbia jacket copies! :eek: They even went so far as the capability to copy the TAGS!!! They would be able to buy them from the Chinese manufacture for little to nothing and sell them as the real thing!! Needless to say, my friend didn't get involved with him. But it shows the capabilities and lack of ethics.

Hence, I started to wonder when mine didn't have the stamp!

Someone posted about a sterile BK-5 that got out as Camillus was shutting down.

He sent me pics of it. Looks legit to me.

BK5R.jpg

BK5L.jpg

Or first salesman's samples.
Many times the stamp was not yet made by the time salesman's samples were needed, for SHOT show for example.
These knives would be hand ground as well! :cool:

All the pics I've seen of these are of Camillus made knives.

Back