Attn: Sheath Makers...I want to see your Busse Knife Sheaths...

Azula Gun Holsters

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Scrapyard DB-421 Stonewash knife

9NZ4NBQ.jpg

v0Bsv2p.jpg

not a sheath maker, but here are some long overdue pics of a few I did last year. (Yup, basically took the whole year, may have even just finished one of them this year)
A few turned out great, a couple quick and nasty, and the one for the PD had more little mistakes than stitches, but it carries the knife.
WxuTuv0.jpg

JQxmE2D.jpg

a5dlUw2.jpg

QGjAg6p.jpg

Twoody

Basic Member
not a sheath maker, but here are some long overdue pics of a few I did last year. (Yup, basically took the whole year, may have even just finished one of them this year)
A few turned out great, a couple quick and nasty, and the one for the PD had more little mistakes than stitches, but it carries the knife.
WxuTuv0.jpg

JQxmE2D.jpg

a5dlUw2.jpg

QGjAg6p.jpg
Veerry cool !

Garth Reckner

redsfairlane,

Nice work. I especially like the Swamp Rat sheath with the watch artwork.

Garth

well, imgur is prooving difficult for my ludite sensabilities. so a description is all i have for now. a forsaken mistress sheath. wanting to save my shoe sole leather to make c belt to suspend my legs for a suit of plate armour, i decided to create a sheath from 2.5 inch poly pipe(irrigation pipe) heating in the oven resulted in an absolute disaster, try again at a lower tempreature and more frequent turning i eventualy achieved the nesessary plasticity. using a couple of pine planks, four layers of camp matt and a couple of g clamps i was able to form an excellent all weather scabard. a little grinding with a dremelesque multi tool, some bivy cord and three rivets at the end, i found my self with a utilitarian sheath, even retains the knife upside down and has a positive clack when fully sheathed. its a little bit harsh on the blade coating yet thats of no consequense for a user. i want to post photos!😂

elof_alv

Gold Member
well, imgur is prooving difficult for my ludite sensabilities. so a description is all i have for now. a forsaken mistress sheath. wanting to save my shoe sole leather to make c belt to suspend my legs for a suit of plate armour, i decided to create a sheath from 2.5 inch poly pipe(irrigation pipe) heating in the oven resulted in an absolute disaster, try again at a lower tempreature and more frequent turning i eventualy achieved the nesessary plasticity. using a couple of pine planks, four layers of camp matt and a couple of g clamps i was able to form an excellent all weather scabard. a little grinding with a dremelesque multi tool, some bivy cord and three rivets at the end, i found my self with a utilitarian sheath, even retains the knife upside down and has a positive clack when fully sheathed. its a little bit harsh on the blade coating yet thats of no consequense for a user. i want to post photos!😂
next time put masking tape over the blade

stephenthesuave

Gold Member
I’m going to say I’m a sheath maker- but only because I’ve made 2 sheaths and not 1. Haha. These little leather pouch sheaths are pretty simple but challenging to make them look nice. My appreciation for the experts increase 10-fold after finishing this one (my first is similar but not finished as well). I’ve got a few more I need to make, but they’re better winter projects.

Attachments

• 86F8AA5C-CEB4-493F-8BEF-5E01363DE640.jpeg
    86F8AA5C-CEB4-493F-8BEF-5E01363DE640.jpeg
    841.6 KB · Views: 6

DamascusBowie

Gold Member
Last edited: