August 12th - Grand GA Guild 6 Maker, 4 Hour Build

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
I am excited to announce that on the morning of August 12th, at the quarterly meeting of the GA Custom Knifemakers Guild to be held at the Fiddleback Forge shop, six knifemakers are each going to build a knife between 8am and 12pm. The six makers are:

• Andy Roy
  • Scott Davidson
  • John Shore
  • Carl Rechsteiner
  • Stephan Fowler
  • Paul Brach
The Georgia guild welcomes anyone to join the fun. Please bring a dust mask if you want to watch in the grinding room. Pizza will be served, and there will be an iron in the hat drawing and a scholarship drawing as well.

What an honor it is for me to know these gentlemen on the list, much less to be able to make a knife to show beside them. I'm very excited about this.

Last edited:
So, if anyone local wants to help us live stream the making of the six knives, I'd appreciate it. Folks that are not coming need to be sure you have joined the GA Custom Knifemakers Guild facebook page, the Fiddleback Forge group, and my page. Those are likely spots to stream the day.

Incidentally, I hope you have noticed that there are three stock removal makers and three smiths making knives next weekend. If that kind of drama is your thing.

Serg, you definitely need to make it up. Madden and I will be coming by for the day. The Guild meeting is another one of those events you just need to make the time for.

I'm planning on trying to attend this one. The one held last spring conflicted with my son's Lacrosse team game.

So, if anyone local wants to help us live stream the making of the six knives, I'd appreciate it. Folks that are not coming need to be sure you have joined the GA Custom Knifemakers Guild facebook page, the Fiddleback Forge group, and my page. Those are likely spots to stream the day.

Incidentally, I hope you have noticed that there are three stock removal makers and three smiths making knives next weekend. If that kind of drama is your thing.

If I can make it this Saturday, I can help with live streaming if you guys have wifi available.
My data plan sucks.

Andres

What a great day for the shop - congrats! And thanks to Fiddleback Outpost for doing a great job w/ the live stream...had it on our TV in the living room all morning.

I was able to enjoy the first 3 hours or so due to Fiddleback Outpost as well. Thanks Robert!

Was able to check in and out through the morning, thanks Robert and great job by all the makers!

Back