awesome aftermarket griptilian scales

Not sure if this is the best place to post this but I'm a huge fan of the Benchmade Griptilian and received these aftermarket ti scales today. Until now my favorite aftermarket scales were the Wilkins Grip scales and although I still love those because they are a well made product, when it comes to titanium aftermarket scales for the large griptilian, I think these are currently the best option. They're cheaper, lighter, contoured and not as bulky in the pocket, and seem equally high quality in terms of manufacturing/build. They probably aren't for everyone due to the lack of variations available but if you want ti scales, these are a great option. I forgot to take side by side comparison shots with the Wilkins but maybe next time.

Made by Flytanium

QInKDbg.jpg

I9faGil.jpg

I8xgTjP.jpg

QujXbTu.jpg

NvlNWBv.jpg

tdv7PBv.jpg

dCDN73Y.jpg

rACslpK.jpg

Those look way sleeker than Wilkins, think the Wilkins mini grip r fine but the large ones do look very bulky

Those look way sleeker than Wilkins, think the Wilkins mini grip r fine but the large ones do look very bulky

those are my exact thoughts....I only have the aluminum wilkins for my mini grip, but I think aluminum is the perfect knife handle material....if you're not doing electrical work.

Those are very nice, but I like my G10 Wilkins a lot, both the small and large versions. I have some Igordeds in Micarta and G10 that, like the Flytaniums, approximate the original Griptilian scale shape. The thing I enjoy about the Wilkins is that they totally change the feel in hand/ergos of the knife. They are bulky, but I like that.

SCAWgUo.jpg

Not knocking yours by any means, OP--they're really sweet and if I find myself buying more Grips than my current 6 (including a 551-1702, not shown) I may well try some.

Those are very nice, but I like my G10 Wilkins a lot, both the small and large versions. I have some Igordeds in Micarta and G10 that, like the Flytaniums, approximate the original Griptilian scale shape. The thing I enjoy about the Wilkins is that they totally change the feel in hand/ergos of the knife. They are bulky, but I like that.

SCAWgUo.jpg

Not knocking yours by any means, OP--they're really sweet and if I find myself buying more Grips than my current 6 (including a 551-1702, not shown) I may well try some.

The system doesn't send me notifications when people post on my threads..not sure how it stopped working, but I just noticed this right now. I like wilkins too, here are a few of mine. The mini in aluminum is my favorite. the large titanium is way too heavy.

VMvLUPe.jpg

1wpIkyq.jpg

Back