Awesome folder!

I've just returned from a motorcycle trip to AK. 30 days of touring and primitive camping wasn't nearly enough in this beautiful state!

While visiting Fairbanks, I came across this knife that I absolutely had to have. The shopkeeper (USMC Korean Vet), said that he was selling this knife (and a few others) that a local, retired knifemaker had built a number of years ago. This is one beefy knife and measures 5 1/4" in length, closed. The workmanship is outstanding.

Man, that thing is pimped out to the max!

That is a fantastic find and a great souvenir of your trip in Alaska. The workmanship does indeed look wonderful. I really like the file work on the springs and liners.

Nice knife!, so you spent 30 days on the trip 10 of which were spent getting to AK and back? Need pictures of place and bike. Steven

Wow... that sure is huge and heavy duty! Get a load of the thickness of those brass scales! And the covers, being pieced together out of stag and wood, really have a unique look. THAT is an Alaskan knife, for sure! :thumbup:

Wow cool workmanship, would love to examine it closer. Looks outstanding.

The trip? Pics or it didn't happen! lol

I do a cross-country road trip every year to the Midwest on my Road King. It's always the highlite of my entire year. Nothing like it! The summer of '14 I plan to ride to the east coast through all the southern states, then up the coast then back through the Midwest, etc. I do look forward to checking out local knife shops along the way this next trip.

Congrats on your trip and the knife find - a great souvenier!

That knife has a lot going on there. I normally don't care for filework but holy cow! That's just amazing! So you ready to go out and skin a few bears and baton through a couple of logs with it? Looks like a great user. ;)

Sorry to say that, but it looks like made in India/Pakistan.

I don't know... It looks awfully nice for a Pakistan knife. I would looks at the backsprings inside the handle. Pakistan knives very rarely have finished backsprings.

Back