• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

AWESOME MEGAFOLDERS!

I just bought the March/April 1999 issue of American Handgunner when I saw pages 76-81 -- truly awesome custom mega-folders and FBs from a certain Steve Ryan!

Eye-popping fat blades, curvaceous blades, hooked blades -- you have to see them to believe them! Blades are typically 5" in length, with skeletonized G-10 handles 5 1/2" long and 1 1/2" wide. Blades are chisel-grind and of ATS-34, although BG42 and 440V are in the works. His price ranges from $350 to $450.

I guess this is the folder we'll get if Jim March, Sal Glesser and Allen Elishewitz were to design one. (:

I hope somebody who has a Ryan folder can give us a review.

Steve Ryan can be contacted at PO Box 30504, Long Beach, CA 90853. His email address is ryansassy1@aol.com; his catalog is $2.

[This message has been edited by Titan (edited 23 February 1999).]

Isaw his folders at the knife show in Vegas and was very impressed with the fit and finish. Definitely worth the money.

I really like the look and design of them. I only wish they weren't liner locks. I wonder how well the locks are made. Maybe someone who has one can test his.

Axel

Cobalt, did you see the 5" 420V Kit Carson folder at Les' table? It's a liner lock, but has a pretty huge thick liner.

Somehow or other I missed Steve Ryan's knives.

Joe
jat@cup.hp.com

I already emailed Steve Ryan and invited him to join this forum.

I agree with you, Axel, and that's why I hope he joins this forum and learn more about the other locks like REKAT's and BM Axis.

Maybe some of the manufacturers here can collaborate with him?

Back