1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Awesome new honing method?

Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by cbwx34, Apr 5, 2017.

1. cbwx34

cbwx34

Dec 27, 2004
    [video=youtube;Sxn90JlNKc0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxn90JlNKc0[/video]

;)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  2. Polynikes01

Polynikes01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2016
    EPIC lol
    [emoji1303]

3. Rey HRH

Rey HRH

Oct 6, 2014
    By the time I'm done, it'll be a long walk back home for me.

4. Wowbagger

Wowbagger

Sep 20, 2015
    I'm getting visions : :rolleyes:

First the sneeze. :yawn:
    (where'd the knife GO !) :confused:

Then the yanking of the emergency brake. :eek:
    Then the scowling of the conductor that looks like Tom Hanks. :grumpy:

And finally serving of the hot chocolate. :p

Oh well . . . all's well that ends well . . . :thumbup:

(Careful opening your 110 like that) Try a "Spyder Drop" (that heavy assed handle is good for something after all) ;)

I'm not helping am I . . . :D

5. Somewhere out there, there's another vid of somebody 'sharpening' a knife or tool of some sort on the asphalt, while hanging out the back door of a van being driven down the street. These two vids display a similar 'redneck sharpening' kinship, in that regard.

Ah, here it is (sharpening wood chisels):

David

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  6. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    i can see it flying off and flipping around and flying right back up into your face. make sure your wearing saftey googles lol

sweet tip, ill make sure to do this on the metra.

7. setldown

setldown

Apr 4, 2010
    Nobody rides Shack's train.
    [​IMG]

8. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Oh wow...

Thanks for sharing that!

9. DavidHoback

DavidHoback If you see me posting, remind me to STFU & leave.

Dec 10, 2014
    Very, very Dumb! I'm wondering how that's easier, than if he had a pocket hone, or even a portable kit like the DMT Aligner, or such??

10. Cereal_killer

Cereal_killer

Apr 4, 2013
    I use to work on the RR... So many laws are being broken in that video!

11. skyhorse

skyhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2010
    We employed this method in the back of a PU truck to sharpen spears as a kid in Nor Cal. :D

12. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp That's right, it's genuine Velveeta... Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    We did this to tennis shoes when I was in high school to get warranty replacements. Honest or ethical? No, but I was self financed and shoes get expensive. So you buy the good ones with a 6 month outsole warranty and get free replacements. They were always pretty raggedy anyway, but Adidas' warranty department wouldn't fulfill replacement claims until multiple toes were showing.