AXD (HTM and custom) details (BleedingEdge look here!)

Blade length is 5.5 for HTM versions. Locking mechanism is framelock. No ETAC.

Custom AXD versions will be 5.5 inch (shorter on request) and can have ETAC. Also framelock.

[youtube]6YMPAH67f4o[/youtube]

Maybe in the future, if the HTM AXD series proves popular enough, a 3 and 4 inch AXD will be made available. Still, I think I'm fine with having the AXD be my first DDR custom.

I'm going to call DDR today and ask about getting on the wait list!

Yea, that should be something very special and unique. I've never thought of an AXD with ETAC grip texturing. I've just always associated ETAC with the Gunhammer line since the texturing has evolved so much over the years. I think it'll be awesome. Framelock ETAC textured AXD with the tanto blade profile you so cherish.

I guess that one will be your work horse? What of the more ornate, embellished custom with the san mai damascus and m390 damascus core?

My AXD will definitely have a satin polished 4-inch M390 blade and a titanium frame lock. I'm still out to lunch on whether the texturing will be ETAC or the Expendables texturing - you know, the Traxion-looking one! :D They both look freakin' raw, so I wanna talk to the folks at DDR and see what's what. Either way, it'll definitely become a workhorse and join my EDC rotation.

As for my dress-knife, it'll probably be a 3-inch version of this little fella. The Mad Maxx has the profile of a gentleman's dagger, and with the right combination of materials it can look really damn good.

Give him a call Wednesday or so. He was flying in to Texas today to meet with Meyerco. That dress Mad Maxx looks crazy. It's a shame the guy is selling it on ebay since ebay will get a huuuuuuuuge cut for something that's 3.7large.

Give him a call Wednesday or so. He was flying in to Texas today to meet with Meyerco. That dress Mad Maxx looks crazy. It's a shame the guy is selling it on ebay since ebay will get a huuuuuuuuge cut for something that's 3.7large.

Cool. I figured I would be speaking to Lisa or someone else at the factory, not the man himself. Thanks for the heads-up -- I'll try 'em on Wednesday.

The AXD is such a slick knife. I've lived like a monk my ever since I moved here to the U.S. - almost never buying anything of aesthetic appeal, for lack of funds. I see my investment in this AXD as an attempt to change that. I want to surround myself with pretty things.

I can't wait to see pics of the HTM version, too. All in all, this is an exciting piece of news!

I'll PM you with some more questions, Hark.

Last edited:

Cool. I figured I would be speaking to Lisa or someone else at the factory, not the man himself. Thanks for the heads-up -- I'll try 'em on Wednesday.

The AXD is such a slick knife. I've lived like a monk my ever since I moved here to the U.S. - almost never buying anything of aesthetic appeal, for lack of funds. I see my investment in this AXD as an attempt to change that. I want to surround myself with pretty things.

I can't wait to see pics of the HTM version, too. All in all, this is an exciting piece of news!

I'll PM you with some more questions, Hark.

Man, oh man. 5.5" is usually just a bit bigger than I like to carry, but I'm in on this one. An HTM when they come out and I'm thinking a custom with ETAC once I pass my boards.

I looking forward for any pics ;). I believe a HTM AXD's will be great knives.
(sorry for bad english)

Custom AXD versions will be 5.5 inch (shorter on request) and can have ETAC. Also framelock.

Hark, with all due respect - can you tell me what the heck the title of this thread and what you've written in quotes above, means? I don't any idea what all this means. Thanks, Chuck :)

Hark, with all due respect - can you tell me what the heck the title of this thread and what you've written in quotes above, means? I don't any idea what all this means. Thanks, Chuck :)

Details for the custom AXD and HTM AXD, which is not out yet. TheBleedingEdge has a thing for AXDs so I kinda let him know to look in here. TheBleedingEdge had some specific questions about AXDs and I wanted to start a new thread since this information could be helpful for other folks, instead of digging for the thread where he asked these questions and posting there. On a custom AXD, you can order a blade length that is shorter than 5.5, which is something that TheBleedingEdge asked for if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks Hark sorry to disturb you on Easter, I thought it was some new jargon that I didn't know about. I would love to have this:

AND the HTM 4" blade Gunhammer (a bowie blade for me) that Darrel had promised a year ago. Please make it Darrel, it's the last folder I really wanted to buy. ;)

Ack! Darrel called me this morning but I was out cold and didn't have a chance to call him back all day.

I'm gonna call him again on Monday. Presumably he rests on the Sabbath. :D

The AXD beckons!

Darrel? Rests?

Nonsense!

aOU8E.png

Last edited:
Back