Axe ID - heart/triangle stamp - first time poster

Hello,

I've lurked these here forums for a little while but I'm having trouble ID'ing an axe so felt I needed some help. Some backstory:

I bought this axe (breitbeil) last year from Austria and didn't have much trouble discovering the manufacturer back then, but for some reason I can't find anything out now. I'm sure I've seen the touch mark posted on these forums so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I remember that it was a German or Austrian manufacturer making these tools around the turn of the century and during the second world war, and then I believe it merged into another tool making company and part of my recollection is that it's still going today, or at least was until fairly recently. There's a possibility I imagined that though.

It's not clear in the photo but that's a P.W in the middle of the stamp.

Any help appreciated!

AxEGR8T.jpg

First time poster here, just wanted to sign up to share this because I got pretty excited about my new discovery.

I've had this axe laying around for years but have never really taken a closer look at it. Now after inspecting it I could see there was a heart and a triangle stamped in it, got curious so I googled this and this thread showed up first. Now I know it's a Peter Wallbrecher. I refitted the handle. Honestly I'm not into axes at all (yet!) but I needed one so I figured I'd try and restore this one. Worked out really well so far. Still want to sharpen it and maybe rub some oil on the handle.

PzFclH8.jpg
dodIiss.jpg

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC