Axe throwing bars?

They are enjoying a surge of popularity!
There is one in Seattle that also has Escape Rooms and you have to throw axes to escape from the escape room!

More than a lot. Every single city over population 100,000 in the US has one or more!

I honestly have absolutely zero experience with alcahol so while it sounds like a bad idea I'm not sure I can really say.

I would assume they probably have a drink limit and keep their patrons from getting too drunk.

Reactions: A17
I honestly have absolutely zero experience with alcahol so while it sounds like a bad idea I'm not sure I can really say.

I would assume they probably have a drink limit and keep their patrons from getting too drunk.
They have lanes, typically with chain link walls so you can’t Dick Cheney the person next to you. ;)

Last edited:

At my age(50) Ive seen a fair share of bar fights, and I've see alot of good people do incredibly stupid things when drunk.

It's only a matter of time.

I would think even signing a disclaimer wouldn't save the bar owner from a good lawyer.

jN3aWg5.jpg

At my age(50) Ive seen a fair share of bar fights, and I've see alot of good people do incredibly stupid things when drunk.

It's only a matter of time.

I would think even signing a disclaimer wouldn't save the bar owner from a good lawyer.

jN3aWg5.jpg

I guess I misspoke, I don't drink but have family members with a history of issues with it.

I should have said that I have very limited experience with how stuped normal people can act when they drink a bit too much, I understand that it can make people do stuped things but I've only seen people who are just stuped all the time :D

Now to get back on track.
I can see the appeal in this but I don't think this trend will last, of it just seems like something city dwellers will get tired of and move on to the next thing.
And there's the liability aspect, eventually someone who's less than responsible will open one of these places up and ruin it for everyone else.

It kind of confuses me ... most places you can't carry where acohol is served and nowhere I know of can you can while consuming acohol (of course I'm talking concealed carry which in many places only covers guns but here it covers all weapons) ..

but a place that serves alcohol is going to give anyone who walks in axes and knives to throw ?

Last edited:
The is one in my town now. I will try it sometime but the $20 an hour per person in groups of three or more was kind of a turn off. If you don't have a large enough group with you they put two smaller groups together . No booze allowed in the one here.

Back