1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!
  3. Hey folks! We were alerted to a bug where several hundred members somehow got permanent paid memberships. We're going through and correcting that now. Somehow some of you somehow got yeaaaaaaars of free memberships, and, well, it happens. If your membership accidentally is turned off please post in the Service & Support forum thread with your transaction ID and I'll fix it

Axe Tomahawk & Hatchet Photo Thread

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by Wood Splitter, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Whiskey_Jim

Whiskey_Jim

Feb 21, 2017
    New batch of heads. The one on the left has a boys size eye. Need to get weights on them.
    [​IMG]

2. Square_peg

Square_peg

Feb 1, 2012
    That's an excellent haul! Looks like a turpentine axe on the top. Did you find that down south?

3. MTHall720

MTHall720 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 21, 2010

Peck Price likes this.
  4. Whiskey_Jim

Whiskey_Jim

Feb 21, 2017
    That batch came from NJ.

5. Samon

Samon

Nov 12, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. meltimtiman

meltimtiman

Sep 15, 2016
    My Gransfors Bruk Small Forest Axe

[​IMG]

7. Ava Roy

Ava Roy

Jun 12, 2017
    cityofthesouth likes this.
  8. Samon

Samon

Nov 12, 2012
    Some axes I've refurbished, customised or just gotten.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Graybird

Graybird

Apr 21, 2017
    Vulture Drigungs just out of cryo[​IMG]

10. Graybird

Graybird

Apr 21, 2017
    Finished product...
    [​IMG]

ME4KOB likes this.
  11. Ava Roy

Ava Roy

Jun 12, 2017
    Here are is amazing photos of Missouri War Hatchet

[​IMG]

These are few of more rare to find Axes, Tomahawk and Hatchets offered by Atlanta Cutlery Corp.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  12. greatscoot

greatscoot Recalculating..... Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2012
    I picked up this little gem at a get together yesterday. The handle was really dirty so I scrubbed it with a stiff bristle brush.
    Its been oiled since and it looks beautiful (this is before the oil).
    [​IMG]

mewolf1, Square_peg and halfaxe like this.
  13. Brian77

Brian77 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 27, 2014
    Anyone ever been to the Steamboat Arabia museum in Kansas city? I love to visit there and see the growing display of axes, knives, hatchets, and wood working tools.

This ship sunk in 1856. Headed upriver with 200 tons of supplies for the western frontier hardware stores.

A vast collection of pocket knives, axes of every description, and knives for trade and skinning / butchering.

I learn something new every time. 20170127_115542-1.jpg

There are many styles of axes and hatchets. Most were manufactured in New England. And most have makers marks. As do the knives. Have any of you been here?

14. Brian77

Brian77 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 27, 2014
    20170127_115257-1.jpg

15. Miller '72

Miller '72

Jul 25, 2017
  16. Square_peg

Square_peg

Feb 1, 2012
    Are the hafts all original?

Brian77 likes this.
  17. Brian77

Nov 27, 2014
    As far as I know. The wood did shrink some as they were preserving it. The wooden rolling pins are original

Square_peg likes this.
  18. Square_peg

Square_peg

Feb 1, 2012
    Then that dates curved hafts back to at least 1856.

Brian77 likes this.
  19. Kevin Houtzager

Kevin Houtzager

Jun 25, 2017
    Way earlier: 600 A.D. Merovingian axes are the earliest examples I know of, but I wouldn't be surprized if there are earlier examples.