Axes in the News

The older I get the more amazed I am at how stupid a large a percentage of humans behave. My wife's new car was just totaled by a 20 year old woman who was texting and rear ended her. Thanks to all the new safety features (that my old truck does not have) the wife is unhurt.
People texting and driving is one of the things things that make me think "How the #*!! do you think that's a good idea!!??" P.S. what type/year of truck do you have?

The older I get the more amazed I am at how stupid a large a percentage of humans behave. My wife's new car was just totaled by a 20 year old woman who was texting and rear ended her. Thanks to all the new safety features (that my old truck does not have) the wife is unhurt.
George Carlin said it best.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

Although to be truthful, I don't think that most people are stupid, rather most people are thoughtless.

Like M muleman77 said.
I am glad your wife is ok. I am sure we all are.

George Carlin said it best.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

Although to be truthful, I don't think that most people are stupid, rather most people are thoughtless.

Yes. What George Carlin said...I agree with about everything George Carlin said.

JB...I know what you are saying and sadly have to experience this person type daily...

Smart-Select-20190124-192843-Chrome.jpg

A17- When we left Montana I had to sadly sell my 1940 Chevy flat bed and my 1950 Chevy dump. But it really hurt to sell my 1925 J.D. model D on steel tractor. Now, what I drive on this new life adventure in Paradise is a 2001 Toyota Tundra.
I sure miss George Carlin's sense of humor.

She looks like she's holding an axe... does that count? Hahaha. (Deleted. Inappropriate caption above a photo of Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, looking for another).
Never mind i decided against it. Don't want to offend anyone...

Last edited:
I think that is a picture of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, youngest woman elected to Congress.
Oh i know who it is! Haha. I'm not making a political statement of any kind(even though I'd like to) but man she has some crazy eyes....

Reactions: A17
Oh i know who it is! Haha. I'm not making a political statement of any kind(even though I'd like to) but man she has some crazy eyes....

Well, yes. You most certainly are!

I didn't realize that this was a political forum but if that's what you like then I'll play along.

The most wealthy elite are terribly frightened of Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. This is because she speaks a truth our Founding Fathers recognized clearly, that democracy and the unregulated accumulation of wealth are incompatible. That's why we Americans had to revolt against British rule.

It boils down to this, wealth is power. Unregulated accumulation of wealth is unregulated accumulation of power. Unregulated accumulation of power and democracy are incompatible. The Founders knew this and Americans now see that this is a current problem.

“We can have Democracy in this country or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few ... but we can't have both.” - Louis D. Brandeis, Supreme Court Justice

AOC Thinks Concentrated Wealth Is Incompatible With Democracy. So Did Our Founders.
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019...cKRZ1SOL6qgJGAfb2_DEWcIGMWmTYnbbgQMfIEn-PJHqM

This is why President Dwight D. Eisenhower(R), Supreme Allied Commander in Europe who defeated Nazi Germany ran a 91% top tax rate. The reason for this is to safeguard democracy against oligarchy.

Eisenhower, who knew something about making America great, used this money to build our freeway system and truly made America great. Everyone prospered!

Well, yes. You most certainly are!

I didn't realize that this was a political forum but if that's what you like then I'll play along.

The most wealthy elite are terribly frightened of Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. This is because she speaks a truth our Founding Fathers recognized clearly, that democracy and the unregulated accumulation of wealth are incompatible. That's why we Americans had to revolt against British rule.

It boils down to this, wealth is power. Unregulated accumulation of wealth is unregulated accumulation of power. Unregulated accumulation of power and democracy are incompatible. The Founders knew this and Americans now see that this is a current problem.

“We can have Democracy in this country or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few ... but we can't have both.” - Louis D. Brandeis, Supreme Court Justice

AOC Thinks Concentrated Wealth Is Incompatible With Democracy. So Did Our Founders.
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019...cKRZ1SOL6qgJGAfb2_DEWcIGMWmTYnbbgQMfIEn-PJHqM

This is why President Dwight D. Eisenhower(R), Supreme Allied Commander in Europe who defeated Nazi Germany ran a 91% top tax rate. The reason for this is to safeguard democracy against oligarchy.

Eisenhower, who knew something about making America great, used this money to build our freeway system and truly made America great. Everyone prospered!
I shouldn't have posted the picture with that caption. Not the place for it. Sorry all. It was her crazy eyes(not ideas) that i was referencing. I'd love to give a rebuttal but i agree this is not the place for it. Deleting that photo now. I'll try to find that photo(or another like it, there's a lot) without the words.

Reactions: A17
This just seems like the right place for this advise. Now, all through history old guys are destined to give advise to younger guys. So here is mine for a more productive, stress free, and affordable life: Spend all your time in the wilderness, among the trees, with a old male dog for company. Spend all your money on hand tools. (This is the politically correct way to express this idea, unlike my usual language of expressing it)

If you changed "spend all your time" to "spend all your FREE time" than i would have two out of the three! No dog yet. I spend most of my free time out riding my wheeler or wielding an edged tool of some sort. .
I do have to say though, spending all my money on hand tools(which i do) does not seem to be making my life more affordable though... hahaha. Still great advice any way you slice it.

This just seems like the right place for this advise. Now, all through history old guys are destined to give advise to younger guys. So here is mine for a more productive, stress free, and affordable life: Spend all your time in the wilderness, among the trees, with a old male dog for company. Spend all your money on hand tools. (This is the politically correct way to express this idea, unlike my usual language of expressing it)

I'll just agree to a point. You missed a key component, mules!

Back