axes of the movies

From Reign Of Fire

VanZan.jpg

One of my favorites no doubt, most underrated dragon movie of all time.

Sandor "The Hound" Clegane

Game Of Thrones

That can't be good...

Last edited:
Well Remzy, for the spoiler- I apologize. I'm sure he is just going to chop firewood like everyone else.

Winter is coming, after all. :)

Well Remzy, for the spoiler- I apologize. I'm sure he is just going to chop firewood like everyone else.

Winter is coming, after all. :)

he is supposed to be left for dead, but im glad if hes back to be honest, he was my fav character in the serie!

That's a flat slab, Garant handle for sure.

I think Woodings Verona and maybe even Council sold some of those flat handles.

It's odd to see 20th century N. American styled axe in a TV show about medieval Europe. But heck, what does the TV audience know?

I've never watched a single episode of GOT. Night time soap opera.
215146-Vomit.gif

I posted it for the axe.

Maybe the flat slab Garant put people off?

How about a Jersey on a straight handle - that more appropriate?

Evil Dead 2

I think Woodings Verona and maybe even Council sold some of those flat handles.

It's odd to see 20th century N. American styled axe in a TV show about medieval Europe. But heck, what does the TV audience know?

I've never watched a single episode of GOT. Night time soap opera.
215146-Vomit.gif

And Collins.

Modern axe scenes?

Memorable axe fight in Bullet to the Head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD9NBswZ9uY

Axe massacre in snowpiercer

watch

Axe escape scene in The Raid

watch

Murders in the Hatchet series of horror movies
Many murders and killings in The Yellow Sea
Brutal beheadings in 30 Days Of Darkness
Zombie killing spree in World War Z
Axe vs longsword in Ironclad

This is the reason I have not watched anything on TV for the last 15 years.

I guess I've gotcha beat; I stopped watching TV altogether in the late 1980s. Not so much because of the programs (there never were very many good ones to start with) but because of the infuriating amount of ads, and being too cheap to invest in Cable or Satellite.
Have to admit that most of the prop or decorator 'axes' being shown in this thread must have been conjured up by folks that have never actually used one.

Axes in movies used on people outnumber axes used on wood by at least 10 to 1. That's modern culture I guess.

I like that double bit in where the red fern grows, I think it's a full sized db with a cut off handle.
And This may not be a movie, but I've noticed that in bonanza they do all of their wood chopping / splitting with broad axes.
Probably the most common type of axe to see in movies are fire axes.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that fire axe shown from breaking bad is actually an aluminum ceremonial axe.

The best axe use I remember from a film was in "How the West was Won". The mountain man who returns from his last trip with a load of furs is stabbed in the back by a river pirate girl, dumped down a well and left for dead. He comes to, finds an axe left outside, then throws the axe into the back of the man guarding the river pirate cave. Nice throw, though hardly sporting. He then goes back after the river pirates and wipes them out. I will check dates, names of actors and other details. Good movie scene. :rolleyes:

Just checked. The film is from 1962, the mountain man with axe-throwing skill was played by James Stewart. :cool:

Last edited:
Back