Axis lock on old designs

shootist16

knife law moderator
I hear nothing but rave reviews about the axis lock system. Does anyone think Benchmade will incorporate it in their previous designs, such as the AFCK? The knife that uses the axis now is very, very ugly.

I think it has everything to do with sales, if the Axis idea sells like crazy then yes, the AFCK may get it, if not well....

And if the Axis is good for them, with vision I would say the answer is yes, without, Who knows....

------------------
One may want to keep an Eye out for my review of the Bob Kasper designed, Kevin Gentile modified AFCK and interview of Bob Kasper.

Marion David Poff fka Eye, one can msg me at mdpoff@hotmail.com

Patiently waiting for the Spyderco SpydeRench, Lum Chinese Chopper Folder, Rolling Lock Martial Folder, Shabaria and JD Smith; REKAT Escalator and Pat Crawford design.

"The victorious Warrior wins first and then goes to war, while the defeated Warrior goes to war and then seeks to win" Sun-Tzu

Well I know. The answer is yes. The Axis lock will show up on some older models and most likely only the AFCK which is the best seller (excluding the Ascent series). There will be 2 new models of folders at the Shot Show and 1 fixed blade. I believe at least one of the new folders will have the Axis lock.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

Well I know. The answer is yes. The Axis lock will show up on some older models and most likely only the AFCK which is the best seller (excluding the Ascent series). There will be 2 new models of flolders at the Shot Show and 1 fixed blade. I believe at least one of the new folders will have the Axis lock.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
www.wowinc.com

Mike -

I am surprised. Les said several times something to the effect of "by the time we redesign, retool, and fit an Axis lock on an old design, we might as well make a whole new design. Why not just come out with a new knife?"

Those were effectively Les' words on that, so it shattered my hopes for an AFCK Axis (in M2!).
I would like to add, as one of the biggest cultish fans of the AFCK ever, that the Axis folder now offered by Benchmade feels and performs almost exactly the same in the hand as the AFCK. It looks diferent in the picture, but once you use it, it is very similar, with some subtle differences. Some good, like the higher flat grind, and some that I dodn't like, like the shallow index groove.
As a big fan of the AFCK though, I can say that I am very satisfied with the Axis, and would be shocked if they would take so much time to put the new lock on such a similar knife.

thaddeus

The AXIS AFCK will not debut at the Shot Show but there are some prototypes around.
The Shot SHow will have at least 2 new folders and one fixed.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
www.wowinc.com

Mike, I hope you are right about the Axis AFCK. While it may be just as easy to design a new knife I believe that if Benchmade sees a market the knife will be produced. If the Axis is as great as it is supposed to be why not improve a knife that is almost perfect?

Back