Azrael: Wicked Edge edge angle?

I have an Azrael, and just got my WE in. I am going to use it to put a razor edge on my Azrael, but i don't want to damage the tip by going with too shallow an angle

can anyone tell me what angle would be best to prevent damage to the tip if the knife ?

certainly. I have already done 5 other knives including a Busse.

I started with a couple of cheap folders then worked my way up. I'm confident that i can do it well, but the design of the azrael, and the fact that the swedge and blade grind meet at that line (seen in the picture, don't know the term) in the middle of the blade at the tip makes me concerned about using too shallow of an angle and altering the grind

On my others i did 30 degrees inclusive, but that made for a very wide edge. I don't want to alter the look of the Azrael much

7089781625_4c7f74700b.jpg

I suggest using an angle cube to figure out the angle it has on it right now and then using that same angle on the WEPS. There can be slight variations of angles from knife to knife so an angle cube is probably your best bet.

well, i decided to go ahead and do it.

I did a 35 degree inclusive angle and it is the sharpest edge i've ever made. It is actually hair splitting. I've never owned a knife that could do that. It's amazing

Sorry I just noticed this. Glad it worked out.

Back