Recommendation? Böker × Miyabi × Böker

Sounds like the local carbon steel didn't use relatively pure iron, if it's leaving an after taste.
Really? Well, my experience with this aftertaste isn't recent, but waaaaaay back, with my grandfather's old carbon steel knives. I don't have the foggiest idea about who made them (from Solingen?), but I remember the distinctive taste I could feel if they were used when cutting meat on your plate. A childhood memory, but something that has stuck with me since.
I don't have any experience with the current custom-made carbon steels. All the local custom blades that I have are stainless (but not hard stainless - like 420 or 440C).

You really are boxed in, if you aren't rich.
Ha, if that only applied to knives... :D

The Japanese, notorious lovers of fresh seafood and perfectionists, use white steel all the time on fish. Or blue.
Steel that has sulfur in it - something they can't filter out - leaves a taste.

That's something to consider. Specially with a thin slice of fish, I would not like to feel an aftertaste (and where I think it would be easier to perceive). So far I never felt that, but who knows what type of knives were used?
Though I'm almost certain that in local restaurants they would use stainless.

Well the constant exposure to salt water makes stainless easier. I think that's why the Japanese made ceramic knives too.
But like I said, they manage to use white steel. You just wipe your blade dry every time you stop cutting.

That's something to consider. Specially with a thin slice of fish, I would not like to feel an aftertaste (and where I think it would be easier to perceive). So far I never felt that, but who knows what type of knives were used?
Though I'm almost certain that in local restaurants they would use stainless.
Miyabi are excellent! Of the three you mentioned, the tops by far. As a knife maker for 25 years specializing in Culinary knives & I prefer Stainless Steel. Carbon steel chef knives require far more upkeep . Go with the Miyabi and you won’t look back!

Back