1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

B.D.U. Scout

Discussion in 'Knife Maker's Gallery' started by BenR.T., Aug 12, 2012.

1. BenR.T.

BenR.T. Tanto grinder & High performance blade peddler Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 18, 2011
    Here is a knife I just finished up in my in my B.D.U. format(Battle, Duty, Utility). They all feature an integral guard and glass breaker pommel.
    This one is my scout model. It combines the heavy duty features of a service knife, with the versatile shape of drop point.
    The handle is OD green micarta with orange G10 liners. The OAL is 9.75", with a 4.5" blade of .214" 5160 carbon steel.
    Let me know what you guys think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. White Feather Blades

White Feather Blades KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    Looks great Ben!

3. Lt.Col.Vortex

Lt.Col.Vortex

Jul 22, 2012
    Quick question..do those grips really feel good? And are they practical?

UI love the look, but I shy away from them because I'm not sure of the grip.

Beautiful knife though, it looks work ready.

4. BenR.T.

BenR.T. Tanto grinder & High performance blade peddler Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 18, 2011
    I personally like the feel of these grips.
    Where they really shine is when using gloves, no worries about it slipping out of your hand.
    Under normal use you really shouldn't have any problems with hot spots while using it.
    IMHO.

5. pap11y

pap11y

Jul 4, 2012
    very nice :)

6. River-8

River-8

Sep 24, 2006
    Looks like a very solid knife; nicely done!!

7. BenR.T.

Apr 18, 2011
    Here a few sheath pics. Nothin' special, I just don't do a lot of kydex.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Bob Katilus

Bob Katilus

Feb 18, 2005
    I love the grip! Anzo textured... Pretty aggressive look. Good work.

9. BenR.T.

Apr 18, 2011
    Thanks Bob!

10. socalkid

socalkid

Apr 8, 2011
    Hello,

I love the look of it and the blade shape is awesome! Id prefer a larger choil though.

Have a good one,

Chris

11. rustyrazor

rustyrazor KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 13, 2011
    great looking knife... solid design. more "skull crusher" than i prefer, but it's a solid design and looks well thought out.

12. popedandy

popedandy Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Looks like a great all-around working knife. I like it.

13. BenR.T.

Apr 18, 2011
    Thanks a bunch guys!