Back At It.....

Well after a nice vacation I'm back at it... Took a while to get into the swing and remember where I was on all the things I got going on in the Swamp... Stay tuned I'll try to keep you up to date on how many cuts, abrasions, and burns I get till I get up to speed... No pain no gain... Enjoy spring, Stay Safe, and Lets Ride...

That'll be me hopefully monday after next... getting back to work after a month of staying at home... we'll see how it goes. It'll be hitting the ground HARD and getting up to full speed instantly.

getting back to work after a month of staying at home
I can't even imagine....
I went back to work last night after 2 weeks off - time requested well before corona went viral (hah!). Frankly, I'm surprised they didn't rescind it; but that's another story. By the 10 day mark, I was having sleep disruptions... and by day 14, I was more than ready to go back to covid hell. (8 more shifts, and I'm off for another two weeks; and I suspect I'll be ready...I know my To Do list is)

I work in neuropsychology, I’m a post-doc, so basically a low-paid unlicensed psychologist. The majority of the people/patients I see are the elderly, so although my work is important, it’s not considered life-sustaining or immediately life-saving. And when you take into account the risk/benefit ratio, helping the elderly stay home and lower their risk of exposure this past month, was more important than testing their memory and cognitive functions.

However, once I start back up, I’ll be fighting against a huge backlog of service demands. My employers are already asking me if I can work overtime to meet the demand (but no overtime compensation that I’m aware of, since I’m on salary, but unpaid/furloughed this past month). It’s been tough, and it ain’t over yet!

I just hope that we don’t make the mistake of reopening too quickly, dismissing the precautions too readily, and risk a second infection cycle like other places have.

Back