Back by Popular Demand... What folder do you guys carry?

It's a cutlery shoppe exclusive from 2013ish. I believe it's the same orange as their fairly recent orange/dlc cts-xhp release, mine just looks a little dingy from use. A magic eraser should bring it back to how vivid it used to be.

Well, shoot. I just ordered a Ritter Grip from Knifeworks. Messed up a number on my card, hope it can get worked out.

Last edited:
[emoji1360]
I almost did the same last night!
I might have to pick one up after I check out my friends once it arrives.

Well, I'm not known for being the sharpest bulb on the chandelier, or the brightest tool in the shed; oh wait!!! Never mind, where was I?

After I recently acquired the Bento Box (not from them though) PM2-M390, I got the itch to get the Knife Works exclusive PM2 in CPM-M4. I found one on the Auction Site over the other side and luckily for me, the seller was willing to talk $ a bit. I took a bit of a risk because his photos were quite inferior but he had assured me that the steel was not blemished or "patina'd" due to oxidization and it was all his cr*ppy photos and how he had oiled the blade before he put it in the safe, box, papers, et al. When I received it, it was truly LNIB and better than I had expected, so I'm quite chuffed about it. The M390 had a bit of side-to-side blade play which I corrected by slightly tightening the pivot torx screw but that decreased the smooth action a bit. The M4 had no such issue.

So, now we go back to my first paragraph! After I gathered up the aforementioned two, I thought that something was missing! Yup, I started a quest for another sprint run PM2, but this time in Cruwear steel, just because I am both dumb, impulsive and a bay (that's three, no?). I managed to score one on the Exchange on Saturday, after I had failed on a couple of them as the sellers wanted a bit more than I was comfortable to pay for. Hopefully, I'll receive that one toward the end of the week, so I will have my 3 x sprint rum PM2s with awesome steel options at which time I will post some photos.

I luv PM2s as they really fit me really well. I know that's quite a bit of $ dumped into them with the higher grade steels, but one can easily sink $600+ just into one flipper folder these days and never dare to use it! I have had more expensive folders but IMHO, you can't beat the ergos, cutting ability and the ease of EDC'ing these PM2s (size & weight) as long as they fit you. Plus I think that their compression luck is just brilliant!

^^^ Plus 1 for spyderco and M4 (Gayle Bradley 2). Recently picked this up. Really liking it. I touched up the edge on my sharpmaker, extra fine rods, and it is scary sharp! Been using it for a couple weeks and the edge is still ridiculously sharp.

EXegbVNl.jpg

M4 is good stuff. Only have the pm2 and a Phil Wilson in it but have been very satisfied with their performance.

I don't usually have a problem using right handed knives as a lefty but the PM2 was an unfortunate exception, I felt very clumsy with it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

^^^ Plus 1 for spyderco and M4 (Gayle Bradley 2). Recently picked this up. Really liking it. I touched up the edge on my sharpmaker, extra fine rods, and it is scary sharp! Been using it for a couple weeks and the edge is still ridiculously sharp.

EXegbVNl.jpg
That is a mighty fine looking knife. Never used a knife with M4 that I can recall.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Tony, I have never had a Gayle Bradley themed folder but it does look like a stout cutting tool with that blade profile and ergos. I may need to take a look at those to find out for myself, but ever since I became a steel snob, I am afraid that I will have to look for one in a super steel variety. I think that I do recall this one which you picked from the Exchange. Great knife and a great deal.

^^^ I really like this M4. Holds an edge for a loooong time, and I personally like hollow grinds on folders. OTOH - this thing is a right bastard to access the lock bar (no relief cut out of the presentation-side scale). I am going to do a little mod to make some clearance. The lock bar access shouldn't be a deal breaker, IMO, unless it's a must to be able to access with gloves.

The Spyderco Gayle Bradley knives have almost flush liner lock tabs by design.
The inaccessibility is to prevent inadvertently disengaging the lock during heavy use.

I carry a Benchmade Mini Grip with D2 blade. And always a Leatherman Charge TTi or Sidekick.

The Spyderco Gayle Bradley knives have almost flush liner lock tabs by design.
The inaccessibility is to prevent inadvertently disengaging the lock during heavy use.

I know it has a design intent. I would never presume to imply that I know more than a well respected designer. I didn't say it was wrong or that I was going to "fix" it, just that I was going to modify it.

Just got a great deal on a cold steel ultimate hunter , can't wait to get it in hand it looks so comfy and I'm digging the blade shape

Just got a great deal on a cold steel ultimate hunter , can't wait to get it in hand it looks so comfy and I'm digging the blade shape

I had been eyeing that one even before Josh of RazorEdgeKnives LLC got ahold of one - this thing (not mine) looks scary :D

16%2B-%2B1

Well, I'm not known for being the sharpest bulb on the chandelier, or the brightest tool in the shed; oh wait!!! Never mind, where was I?

After I recently acquired the Bento Box (not from them though) PM2-M390, I got the itch to get the Knife Works exclusive PM2 in CPM-M4. I found one on the Auction Site over the other side and luckily for me, the seller was willing to talk $ a bit. I took a bit of a risk because his photos were quite inferior but he had assured me that the steel was not blemished or "patina'd" due to oxidization and it was all his cr*ppy photos and how he had oiled the blade before he put it in the safe, box, papers, et al. When I received it, it was truly LNIB and better than I had expected, so I'm quite chuffed about it. The M390 had a bit of side-to-side blade play which I corrected by slightly tightening the pivot torx screw but that decreased the smooth action a bit. The M4 had no such issue.

So, now we go back to my first paragraph! After I gathered up the aforementioned two, I thought that something was missing! Yup, I started a quest for another sprint run PM2, but this time in Cruwear steel, just because I am both dumb, impulsive and a bay (that's three, no?). I managed to score one on the Exchange on Saturday, after I had failed on a couple of them as the sellers wanted a bit more than I was comfortable to pay for. Hopefully, I'll receive that one toward the end of the week, so I will have my 3 x sprint rum PM2s with awesome steel options at which time I will post some photos.

I luv PM2s as they really fit me really well. I know that's quite a bit of $ dumped into them with the higher grade steels, but one can easily sink $600+ just into one flipper folder these days and never dare to use it! I have had more expensive folders but IMHO, you can't beat the ergos, cutting ability and the ease of EDC'ing these PM2s (size & weight) as long as they fit you. Plus I think that their compression luck is just brilliant!
That'll be a nice collection PM2's with great steels!

EXegbVNl.jpg

Nice snag. I've never tried the Bradley 2, but the first version was a great knife.

Back