Back In Action Again, Finally

Mistwalker

Gold Member
For those of you who have missed me and wondered where I've been lately, and yeah I know not all of you have missed me lol but maybe some have :) The last few of months have been almost as much of a challenge as the last few years just trying to get Alayna through the end of the school year...and hopefully having passed... Plus there have been other challenges in that I have really needed to replace some outdated equipment. My old laptop was bought in 2011 and had been worked pretty hard the last 8 years. Especially after my desk top that was bought earlier that same year had already crashed several months ago after being rebuilt once. And with Alayna and I both needing access to the net to do our respective work after they collected the Chrome books while she still had assignments to do, it was being overworked The J7 phone I bought last year simply wasn't powerful enough to keep up with me or my work in the photography and videography areas. And it has taken a bit to catch up after all the damage my ex did to my finances leading up to the divorce and since the split, the year of trying to work with a broken leg, and then later nine months of having to work whilst babysitting a toddler. Thank God Lisa and I are officially disconnected financially now, and my oldest is in a better place in life, and thank God I have 2.5 months in which to not have to worry about homework. The new laptop has a solid state hard drive which is MUCH faster than my old one and has twice as much working memory as well. The new S7...still can't afford the current offerings... is being really impressive image wise as well, so with the newer equipment and mostly healed leg, I am back in action again finally. Luckily I have been very fortunate lately, and have also learned quite a bit over the last several years, and so was able to both replace and set up all the primary elements of my technology dependence myself sans the tech support I had previously been used to having during the early years of my writing career. So, now I am finally back on track. Lots of things that have been long over due will finally be getting back underway again. I have several photo-literary projects going simultaneously that I have collected the images for over the last several months and finally have a way of executing them in the fashion I have been wanting to.
20190522_133853.jpg

Glad to see you. You coming to Blade Show?

Good to be seen again :) Yes, I certainly hope to, at least for one day to see you guys and a couple of other friends, maybe two if I decide crash for the night in my truck somewhere. I screwed up with my VIP pass registration since I am not used to the new method of doing them. I got the email the day I was in court for the divorce and custody hearing, and mistakenly thought the woman said respond by May 30th rather than may 10th. So I'm trying to see how much they cost at the door this year. I definitely won't have the money to spend on accommodations this year or any new knives the way I had hoped. I just spent just over $1K on new electronics and another $1K on other things I needed like new shoes and new clothes since I hadn't had the money to spend on them the last few years. Plus I am already booked for a very LONG over-do vacation on the gulf coast coast with a friend later in June and she and I have already paid our holding fee and have the rest in savings for the trip.

Back