BACKA show Aug. 27-28

Hey Folks---

So who's going???

I hope this thread can be about who's coming, and what they're bringing.

This is an absolutely first class show... as a table holder, I felt like we were treated great, and there were only great people that came through the doors and visited with me last year.

I am working like mad on way overdue orders, so I am pretty much relegated to knives that would have gone to Atlanta with me (ala, would'a'been JS test knives), and a couple others if I'm lucky. I'll get pics up soon.

It's in a new hotel this year, and I think it will be GREAT!!! :D :D :D

-Nick-
http://www.wheelerknives.com

RogerP

Gold Member
Hey Nick, be sure to start us off with some pics of your show knives! :p And I sure do hope others join in as well. :)

Roger

Hey Nick!

I'll be there! Right now I have three fancy folders to bring along, and just finished gluing up the handles on 5 straight knives. 3 hidden tang hunters (2 with ironwood and one with Sambar stag), 1 full tang hunter with camel bone scales, and 1 boot/small fighter with blackwood.

Still in the works are 3 bowies....2 mosaic, and one 52100. Still wrestling with what's going on them for handles.

I'm taking off this afternoon....taking my lady to the State fair. Going to wander around and eat all that good GREASY food! :)

I`ll be there. I`m doing the club knife this year. I will have 35 of them and hopefully a couple more if all goes well. Nick is right about this show, First class. Randy and the guys do a great job.
Bill Ruple

Ditto on the show, first class all the way. I did it last year and decided it was a must do for me. Looking forward to seeing the new facilities. So many knives to finish and so little time. Guess I'll have to start burning the midnight oil here next week.
Jon

Bill Ruple said:
I`ll be there. I`m doing the club knife this year. I will have 35 of them and hopefully a couple more if all goes well. Nick is right about this show, First class. Randy and the guys do a great job.
Bill Ruple
Hi,Bill, Enjoyed meeting you at The austin show. Nice Little show. Everyone got a kick out of My wife's little personal. I think it was the Logo. :eek: Hope you do well in Cali.. You going to Grape vine. Going to try to make it. Mike Lovett

RWS

Gold Member
I'll probably try to go this year to see some good customs. :D

I'll be there. Last year was the first time I did the show. By 10:00am Saturday morning I was telling myself I'd be doing the show again. The BAKCA guys were just great!

I'll be there, hopefully with a couple Flipper folders and these pictured below.Come by and say hi!
Matt

Attachments

• Slimline Micarta front open smaller.jpg
    Slimline Micarta front open smaller.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 58
Ed Caffrey said:
Hey Nick!

I'll be there! Right now I have three fancy folders to bring along, and just finished gluing up the handles on 5 straight knives. 3 hidden tang hunters (2 with ironwood and one with Sambar stag), 1 full tang hunter with camel bone scales, and 1 boot/small fighter with blackwood.

Still in the works are 3 bowies....2 mosaic, and one 52100. Still wrestling with what's going on them for handles.

I'm taking off this afternoon....taking my lady to the State fair. Going to wander around and eat all that good GREASY food! :)

uh oh.............there goes the neighborhood!!!!! :eek: :( :eek:

Hi Tom!

How in the world are ya!? Sooner or later, when you leave the door open, some Montana cowboy is gona come staggering in!
I meant to go the the BAKCA show last year, but things prevented it. Smaller show, lots of great folks.........figured I was missing out. :D

I'll be there. It will be great to finally meet Ed Caffrey. I'll be bringing one of Ed's MS test knives along with me. Ed, I assume you would like to see 'Bound by Faith" again, and I sure can't wait to see your new work. Please don't sell everything before opening time Sat :)

Para (Brad Hiltbrand)

Ed, I hope you don't mind posting this image:

boundbyfaith.jpg

nifrand

Custom Knife Forum Mod
Paradude,
Hows it going.You have not graced us with your presence in awhile.Be sure and look me up.Really like to meet you.
Randy

Hey Brad!

It will be great to finally shake your hand.....and to see one of my "kids" again!

Don't worry about me selling out......This year I made a new rule for myself...I do not sell any knives until the show opens. It's ticked off some purveyors, but that's just the way it is.

Look forward to meeting you face to face!

I am bringing Luana, and a couple of $$$ :D
This will be our 3rd, and as always look forward to seeing all the great customs, and knifemakers.
Be interesting to see how well it turns out in a new facility, and hope they have plenty of space for the additional knifemakers coming.
Gonna be a hoot!! :cool:

Larry