Baconmaker meets Citristrip

So this weekend I pulled the scales on my Baconmaker and sprayed it down with the aerosol version of Citristrip. I sprayed it about 7:30 last night and this morning about 8:00am I checked on it. All the coating was bubbled up and came off in a sheet. All I had to do was rinse it and use a dental pick to clean the lettering out a bit.

The interesting thing was that where they had ground the concave of the blade at the factory the stripper chemicals didn't form a patina leaving a nice two tone look. All I've done for these pics is wipe it down really.

What do you think?

You don't see many of those, and I don't think I've ever seen one stripped.

Looks great :).

And man, if I had the need for a baconmaker, their recent prices would mean that I WOULD have one. They're a great looking blade.

Thanks DunkEm. ocnLogan, since when is it about need? :) The Baconmaker slices meat well, it cleaves through 1.5" aspen branches like they are soft butter, pries tree roots up and keeps going. I'd say get one. Like the BK-5 you might just find it fills a number of roles (and looks damn sexy to boot!). :D

Clark

Looks awesome! I didn't know CitriStrip had an aerosol version. That would certainly make application easier.

When I stripped my ZK Famine, it did a pretty similar two-tone look:

FullSizeRender%201_zpspgg99owa.jpg

I think it's just because the unground part has a more "pours" surface which takes the patina more since the solution settles into the little pockmarks and other "imperfections" easier.
Anyways, I personally really like the look. It makes the blade appear more "gritty".

Last edited:
Orezona, that's a good looking famine. I agree with your analysis of why the patina only takes in some areas. :thumbup:

TBL, If I saw a wild boar wandering through suburbia I'd be all over that sucker! Gimme my bacon!!!! :D

Clark

That looks really good, I'll have to do that with mine. Really good knife, I'm surprised they're not more popular.

If you like the JAB line....I highly recommend the Parangatang :D
WP_002820_zpsw4xllhwx.jpg

I'd love a parangatang but I really have no use for that one and I'd feel bad about it languishing in a drawer somewhere.:D

I use mine for yard work :D and it travels in my car/ emergency bag. Make excuses to use em ;)

Back