Bad Fire north of town, might effect work, Please Read!!

wildmanh

Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker
Gents, there is a fire raging 15 to 20 minutes north of Spring City where I live. The town of Fairview was just evacuated (12 minutes north of me). Actually the whole north end of Sanpete Valley has been evacuated and High Way 89 from Highway 6 all the way to Mount Pleasant is closed.

My mom and I are getting things ready just in case we have to pull out also. The chances are slim that we would have to evac also, but we figure it's Better to be Safe then Sorry.

Here's a link to info about the Blaze: http://fox13now.com/2012/06/23/crews-fighting-sanpete-county-wildfire/

Please pray for everyone in North Sanpete right now. It's pretty hairy around here. Will keep you posted!

Last edited:
Prayers have been said Heber. Take care. Please keep us updated as best you can.

Mark

Prayers have been said Heber. Take care. Please keep us updated as best you can.

Mark

Thanks Mark! We are fine in Spring City, but my 72 hour kit is packed and ready to go if need be.

I just heard that the North Side of Mount Pleasant needs to prepare to evacuate just in case. Friends have been notified that they can hang out at my place if they need a place to go.

Will keep you all posted.

I hope you and your family are safe , my thoughts and prayer are with you mate

Prayers sent Heber i hope it misses you and your towns people my friend.

Doug

The news as of 7:30 this morning is that the Fire got 1 mile from fairview but missed it. Fairview is okay. The Fire has crossed the county line to the north. From here it doesn't look bad this morning.

The Fire up the canyon doesn't look so bad today. Can't smell either fire this morning.

Life and work continues, but we will keep an eye out for changing conditions and keep you posted. Thanks!

Gents, thanks for the prayers and good thoughts. Please keep them coming for the Fire Fighters and people who lost there homes. Spring City appears to be okay, but there are still many areas in harms way.

Back