Badass Machetes!! modded by Fiddleback

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
Just a peek now. This project is going to ROCK!! I'm really excited! Maybe the forumite I'm collaborating with on this one will post!!!

upddd100_1215-vi.jpg

upddd100_1218-vi.jpg

upddd100_1220-vi.jpg

Well, if the collaborative forumite would speak up, or if I felt like going downstairs to take pics of the finished product you'd have satisfaction!

Some crazy machete loving dork found a good stash of 1950s collins USA manufactured machetes. He passed this wonderful information along to the back of fiddle, and a new sling blade modification was the result!

I am paying very close attention to this. VERY close. If I somehow missed the boat on this little project I'd never live it down. :cool:

Yes, let's see more hear more. Need something to tie me over until Condor bolos show up! :D

All done. Need thicker Micarta. 3/8" thick wasn't enough IMO, and so this one isn't going to last. But I'll post pics anyway. Later today.

Maybe you'll have to layer another set on there? By the way, do you have a bead blaster or sand blaster. Giving these a rough texture may save some time rather than buffing the micarta out.

I left the micarta at 80 grit. No sandblaster yet. Thats coming though.

I totally geeking out right now, in the worst possible way. You have NO idea! :eek::D:eek::p

Eventually this service will include a bead blasted handle, and an oval section of the blade bead blasted so I can put a Modded by Fiddleback mark on it too. Right now this one is 3/8" thick natural canvas micarta with brass pins and a brass lanyard tube. I added the hole for the lanyard tube, so already, you can't get this anywhere else! This particular model is HUGE!!! 27" long OAL with a 22" blade. I left the original stickers on the blade. I've brightened up the spine, and sharpened and extended the edge. By extended, I mean I brought the edge down to the handle, so you can notch with the machete!

machete100_1224-vi.jpg

machete100_1225-vi.jpg

Works good. Took very few swings to get through this 1.5" sapling on my property.

machete100_1230-vi.jpg

Handle detail shots. Be sure to imagine the micarta thicker.

machete100_1232-vi.jpg

machete100_1234-vi.jpg

Back