1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Bali Sheaths

Discussion in 'Sheaths & Such' started by P. McKinley, Jun 12, 2012.

1. P. McKinley

P. McKinley KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 27, 2008
  2. jayinhk

jayinhk

Apr 25, 2006
    Now those are some sexy sheaths! I love African blackwood, but I like the non-laced one better. Really outstanding craftsmanship!

3. popedandy

popedandy Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Great looking work!

4. Mrtanto

Mrtanto

May 13, 2012
    Thats great work, how long did it take to complete the lace sheath?

5. P. McKinley

P. McKinley KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 27, 2008
    Thanks folks!

Mr Tanto - They both took about 6-7 hours each to complete. I hadn't made a bali sheath before(hell, I'd never even held a bali), so the time consuming part is the design and mock-up stage.

6. jayinhk

jayinhk

Apr 25, 2006
    I hope the buyer was in Canada: I'd pretty much s*** a brick if I had to ship a 42 up north! ;)

7. Mrtanto

Mrtanto

May 13, 2012
    Thats pretty damn fast for your first bali sheath, there elegant too.

8. dschonbrun

dschonbrun

Mar 26, 2012
    Looks like the black leather is both a lining and an outer layer... did you glue down black pig or cow over all the heavy veg-tanned leather? The contrasting lines on the outer edge of the sheath are outstanding.

9. Brycethebaliflipper

Brycethebaliflipper

Aug 1, 2012
    How much is one for a BRS Alpha Beast?

10. strick284

strick284

Apr 10, 2010
    Great work. I really like the unlaced one. Now to figure out how to avoid getting nailed for "concealing" a bali....

11. sheathmaker

sheathmaker Custom Leather Sheaths Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 18, 2005
    I think they both look great! You should make yourself known in the Balisong Forum.....that is if you want to be covered up with work! Your other designs on the paper background look pretty darned nice also.

Paul

12. leatherman

leatherman leathermoderator Moderator

Nov 30, 2001
    Hello, and welcome to BF! :)

One of the rules here forbids the solicitation of business on a discussion forum, its best to take it to e-mail. Hope this helps a little. :D

13. usmc0341

usmc0341

Jun 14, 2007
    Awesome looking sheaths! I have a long way to got to get mine looking like that. Are you machine stitching or hand stitching?