Balisong baptism

Just got my first cut. Grabbed my open 42 by the wrong handle and proceeded to cut my index finger. It's not a bad cut but I feel like I've observed a rite of passage here. ;)

How many of you still make that mistake?

I think almost every person who is into balisong cut them selves from time to time. The last time I injured myself is like a month ago when I droped my bali on my foot doing an arial technique :mad:

www.balisong.com

I haven't sliced or diced myself in ages.It doesn't matter to me which handle I pick up..I do one of a few certain safe moves to get it open...*then* I'll look to see where the edge is and make the necessary adjustments :)

dude.. your EDUCATAIOn starts when you cut yourself the first itme.. dont let anyone tell you otheriiwse :p

Sniperboy is right on. :D It's the only way to learn the difference between fearing the blade, and respecting it.

Just last night I cut myself for the first time in over a month. I shaved the top knuckle off of my pinky. It's a beaut'!!

I'ts been a while for me, although my blade is taped at all times. But I'm sure I would have lost a digit by now if it wasn't. Practice makes perfect, and I'm far from perfect. Oh, how I strive.

The learning does certainly start when you cut yourself the first time. :)
but... I tried my first aerial this morning, after stabbing myself in the palm bout 3 times, the handle came down perfect landed in my hand the latch handle came on around and landed perfect. the sky parted and milk and honey fell upon me... then i felt myself incased in a spectacular light that seemed to radiate from nowhere.... hehe ok maybe not... but it was a spiritual expirience... :)
I'M SO PROUD!!!!
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Bladeswinger
I'ts been a while for me, although my blade is taped at all times. But I'm sure I would have lost a digit by now if it wasn't. Practice makes perfect, and I'm far from perfect. Oh, how I strive.

Taping your blade is an excellent idea for learning those new tricks. But don't let your mind forget that you're holding a blade. Taping all the time can get you too used to making mistakes, and that WILL get you cut once you do remove the tape. Just a tip. Keep swingin'.

NXS055 - LOL :D Landing that aerial for the first time is just about the coolest thing I can remember. :)

Quite a while.

The last time I cut myself was the blade 'stuck' in the safe handle and I grasped it ... the momentum of bite handle swinging out brought it biting my middle finger .. quite a nice cut over old wound by the same problem.

Who says you can't repeat the same mistake twice? :)

Back