Balisong Knife for Complete Beginner

I am new to balisong's, But I would like to get more involved in this sport/hobby. Before I go out and start spending money for a knife, I would like to know what to get as a starting knife. Not no BM42, i can't afford a $140-180 dollar knife. Or if anyone on this forum has an old/used one they can part with let me know!

Thanks Alot!

Welcome, to the world's greatest hobby. To me it is an art, a sport and so much more. A Jaguar is cool to start with. they run about $19-$30. Depending on where you find them. I recommend www.knifezilla.com they're pretty good. Excellent service

Thank you for you're posts I am currently reading the article and looking over the available knives from the links you provided.

Thanks Alot!

I have just one small question for you guys though! What would you recommend for a blade? Serrated/staright, straight? I would like to know. Also on knifezilla.com what brand would you suggest? I am kind of liking the jaguar black with the serrated and straight blade combo!

In the beginning the Jaguar was great, but as I learned the more brutal stuff. It sucked

I wouldn't go serrated just yet fella! Stick with the plain edge for safety sake. (if there is such a thing when swinging a bladed tool)!
smile.gif

www.balisongknife.com may have some interest. But be sure to check out the "knife exchange" on this website because that's were all the buying and selling goes on.

Best of luck!

Sabo 29

------------------
"Catch you on the flip side"!

Back