• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Balls_tothe_Walls (Heath Helton) is a scammer

Must be nice, he’s NOT in contact with me and I just received my first nasty note from PayPal to rectify my negative balance or they’ll begin collection proceedings. Real nice.

Must be nice, he’s NOT in contact with me and I just received my first nasty note from PayPal to rectify my negative balance or they’ll begin collection proceedings. Real nice.
I Believe in your case you were paid twice and refunded one payment-What has PP said about the one you refunded. It should be clear to PP it was a refund and followed a path back to the CC company-or was this a F&F and you issued another F&F rather then a refund-not trying to get into a F&F discussion just get a little clearer picture of that part.
Thanks

BTTW did pay me twice for the knife, both times using F&F (even though all my sales threads clearly state to use G&S and I pick up the tab on the fees). I then refunded him the second payment using PP to directly reverse that particular transaction, so I definitely did not send him another random F&F payment to return his money. When he first disputed the transactions through them on Dec. 18, PayPal asked me directly when I was responding to their web form that I did indeed send a refund and they verified that it was the one I had directly sent on a separate page even, so they do know at least one of the transactions was immediately zeroed out (and officially through them at that). That’s what makes it so fun to get these multiple fees and collection warnings, even for that refunded amount!! :). Looks like I’ll be back on the phone with them!

Might have to include that they need to have received x number of "likes" and some other criteria also.
They'll just register sockpuppet accounts to give themselves likes. You need to make people upload ID documents and have a way of validating them, require referrals to join the exchange, or take other measures that can't be gamed.

Last edited:
On the phone with PayPal for another 20 minutes yesterday to deal with this frigging mess. There was ZERO mention by them that our esteemed Mr. Balls has made any effort to resolve my case, so I’m betting that the remainder of you still affected (or am I the only lucky one left?!) should absolutely be keeping on top of this because BTTW sure isn’t.

Such a great way to start the New Year, it just fills my heart...

Well I can add another to this thread. I sold him a kindle in October and was delivered then PayPal case opened 6 weeks later stating his bank said charge was fraudulent and he did not authorize. I just received a note from PayPal today ruling in his favor and charging me a $20 chargeback fee. Real nice. Thanks a lot unscrupulous buyer @Balls_tothe_Walls and PayPal.

Well I can add another to this thread. I sold him a kindle in October and was delivered then PayPal case opened 6 weeks later stating his bank said charge was fraudulent and he did not authorize. I just received a note from PayPal today ruling in his favor and charging me a $20 chargeback fee. Real nice. Thanks a lot unscrupulous buyer @Balls_tothe_Walls and PayPal.
Did you have a chance to defend yourself?

I sent in documention of shipping/delivery but apparently that was not substantial enough.

It's important to consider in this case that it's also PayPal dealing with the bank. It will probably take a while for all the charges to be corrected.

I sent in documention of shipping/delivery but apparently that was not substantial enough.
Did they tell you what they needed to see to rule in your favor?

(Otherwise I don’t see how anyone can counter and win a PayPal claim—real or fraudulent.)

PayPal ruled in my favor and released my funds. I wasn’t charged any fee. All I provided them was the tracking number and a link to this thread.

It's important to consider in this case that it's also PayPal dealing with the bank. It will probably take a while for all the charges to be corrected.
Yeah but.... If PayPal ruled in favor of the buyer, they are not pursuing it further with the bank.

The only way it will be resolved with the bank is if the buyer tells the bank the transaction is not fraudulent. That process may still not equate to a quick reversal, but the apparent lack of transparency about that process from the buyer must be painful for the seller.

Yeah but.... If PayPal ruled in favor of the buyer, they are not pursuing it further with the bank.

Here is the wording for my case:

Dear XXXXX,

One of your buyers opened a case for this transaction. This means the buyer has asked their financial institution to reverse the money for this transaction.

We want to help you, and we are disputing this case with your buyer's financial institution.

Here are the case details:

• Buyer's name: XXX
  • Buyer's email: XXX
  • Buyer's transaction ID: XXX
  • Your transaction ID: XXX
  • Transaction date: XXX
  • Transaction amount: XXX
  • Disputed amount: XXX
The disputed amount has been debited from your PayPal account because of the following reason(s):
  • Other.
In addition, you have been debited a $20.00 USD chargeback fee.

We understand you may not have been expecting this chargeback. If this debit has made your PayPal account balance negative, please log in to your PayPal account and add money to your PayPal balance.

If the financial institution decides the case in your favor, we'll notify you when the payment is returned to your PayPal account.

We'll email you if we need any further information from you.
Here, they are saying that they are still working with the bank to resolve this. What's clear is that PayPal has zero intention of being left holding the bag (which is not surprising).
The only way it will be resolved with the bank is if the buyer tells the bank the transaction is not fraudulent. That process may still not equate to a quick reversal, but the apparent lack of transparency about that process from the buyer must be painful for the seller.

Which Balls has allegedly done. I agree that the lack of transparency is unfortunate and frustrating.

My once freed funds have been seized again, at a lower amount because somehow in a single transaction only part of the $675 was “unauthorized” smh.

So while they mentioned trying to get funds back from his bank I’m pretty certain I just lost the chargeback fee and part of the payment.

Back