Bar

Bigfattyt

Gold Member
Just finished the Washington State Bar exam today. I should have a bit more time to use the Infi. I have like 2 months till I find out if I passed, and can forget the books for a while.
Even if I did not pass, at least I did some good. The bar exam was in Bellvue WA, and the day before the test, about 7 of us were standing around the pool talking (at the red lion in Bellvue). , when a little girl started to drown. The 5ish year old girl was in the pool, the mom was standing on the grass, holding an infant, and the little girl went under. I heard the mom yell, and saw the girl go under, and stop struggling. She went rigid. I did not think I could wade out to the middle of the pool fast enough, so I dove into the pool to get the girl. I was in my street clothes. I got her out, and she coughed up some water and was fine. The spot where she was at was in the 3 1/2 foot, going into the deep end. The edge where I was standing at the top of the stairs was in the 2 foot area! Lucky I did not break my neck. So I went back to the room with my friend and changed. I noticed some blue marks on my kydex sheath for my GW (I was wearing it horizontal on the front). I had hit the bottom of the pool so hard there were rub marks and pool bottom in the screws of the sheath. We went back and checked the pool, and sure enough a couple parallel gouges in the bottom, then we realized it was only 2 feet there. I am 350 pounds, so I am 2 feet front to back. Anyway, My phone is toast, my wallet got a bit ruined. My friends and I decided that at least if I don't pass the bar, at least it was not a wasted trip.

The GW (satin and pumpkin) stayed wet for at least 3 hours, before I pulled it back out and wiped it down. I was kind of surprised that it did not have any marks etc, Chlorine can corrode steel quick.

I pick the wife up Saturday, from the airport, and I will have the camera to show the blue marks on the sheath, and the recent mods to a pumpkin SS.

Just think of the damage (at 350lbs) you'da done to the pool bottom had that sheath not saved it!!!! :eek: (I'm only 30lbs lighter...)

Good job man. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hope the little girl is OK.

she was fine, She just coughed up some water. No need for CPR or anything. I have had to rescue quite a few kids before (I worked as a lifeguard for a while). I have even had to rescue a retired FBI agent (family friend on a canoe trip) and a fellow scout (like 10 minutes after saving the old retired FBI friend. This was the first time I had to go in fully dressed, with my phone, shoes, wallet etc.

The girl's dad was pissed when he walked back out of the hotel room and saw that his daughter almost drowned (the first thing the mom said to him was "look what happens when you leave for a minute). I think he was mad at the mom for letting the girl who could not swim go back in the pool without the dad in there.

I was gonna bring that up.

Amazing how that finger always points to someone else but the responsible person....

Again man, good job....:thumbup:

Good on you Bro! I wish you well on the Bar and hope you do as well in your field as you do at the pool.;):thumbup:

Great job man, just goes to show anyone at anytime can be a hero.

( you may not think you are...but if you hadnt done that who knows what would have happened.)

Thank God you were there, ya never know if there were any other swimmers close!! Great job and good luck on the test results!

Good job :thumbup: and glad you didn't break your neck on the dive in!!! :eek:

Good luck on passing the Bar... I'm sure you did! :thumbup:

At 350 you'd think just the wake from the jump in would have washed her up over the edge on a wave :foot: :thumbup:

But good job... that had to feel good!

Thank God you were there, ya never know if there were any other swimmers close!! Great job and good luck on the test results!

Ha, anyone 4' tall could have just walked over to her. No swimming needed on that one, it would have just taken too long to wade over to her. I have had to swim down and grab a kid in the deep end of a pool (Lifeguard). I have probably had to grab upwards of another 40 kids who were upended or over their heads (there was a huge zero depth to 3 foot fan area at the pool, so parents just think that the tiny kiddies are fine in there by them selves). I have never had any one of them make my adrenaline pump like this one. I have never thought going in that I was going to have to do CPR) When you are at work, you usually see trouble, before they are ready to go under, and you are ready to jump.

Then, the next day, we went back to see if any of our friends were back at the pool, I realized that it was only 2 feet, made the heart pump all over again.

Back