1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Barber Chair video.

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by KiwiBloke, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Moonw

Moonw

Nov 19, 2014
    KiwiBloke likes this.
  2. ithinkverydeeply

ithinkverydeeply Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Not sure where to put this. It’s not old and it’s not a barber but look out!

3. Square_peg

Square_peg Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Shi.......stuff happens when you're falling trees. Better be on your toes.

4. muleman77

muleman77

Jan 24, 2015
    I know a Hotshot captain who got hit in almost the same way as that video. About 1/2 that size piece, it whacked him on the side of the head by his ear. Flat side hit him, lucky there I guess.

It rang his bell pretty good. Knocked him out for several seconds, and it was months before his hearing and balance were normal again.

We were glad he wasnt dead, that was my first thought when he dropped.

KiwiBloke, Fmont, A17 and 2 others like this.
  5. Old Axeman

Old Axeman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2015
    You follow all the rules for safe falling, and it still happens. That what upsets me when somebody makes a video for the whole world to see while they pull some bonehead stunt.

KiwiBloke, A17, Trailsawyer and 4 others like this.
  6. muleman77

muleman77

Jan 24, 2015
    I sure agree with that. And then a good
    Timberman gets called an amateur by the same audience when things legitimately go sideways even after he does it right.

KiwiBloke, A17, Trailsawyer and 4 others like this.
  7. Square_peg

Square_peg Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2012
    And if you ever say something like "sometimes stuff happens" they'll report you for being lackadaisical about safety.

A17, Trailsawyer, Old Axeman and 2 others like this.
  8. Old Axeman

Jan 10, 2015
    I never worried when I was reported and I was in the right. Hell, come to think of it, I never worried about being reported any time.

9. Curt Hal

Curt Hal Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 8, 2014
    A bit like marriage, eh? After 42 happy years, I can tell you that you can read the situation, draw from your experience, plan and execute to perfection and still end up getting your bell rung!

KiwiBloke, A17, Trailsawyer and 2 others like this.
  10. Old Axeman

Jan 10, 2015
    Ah, marriage--how many attaboys does it take to make up for one ahshit ?

11. Old Axeman

Jan 10, 2015
    After 10 unhappy years of marriage and now 35 happy years of another marriage, for me, I have to get 10 attaboys to make up for 1 ahshit. And you can not bank attaboys towards a future ahshit that you might commit.