Barefoot in the shop...

I have just about completed my cozy little shop area.
First I wanted to thank those who helped with suggestions on the last thread I ran.

Walls are up, electrical is in, benches are secure and I actually have room for all of my stuff...sort of.
What I like is I was able to keep all of the electrical cords off the floor, installed a remote Vaccuum system, put in a swamp cooler and now have a place to plug in 22 plugs!
Installed a blower that sucks most all of the grinding dust directly out of the shop. No collection bag to catch fire! Swamp cooler blows directly across the shop longways so it helps direct the dust outside as well.
Keeps me cool Example today it was 108deg outside, inside the shop it was 85deg.
Next to come is a stationary Vac system for the rest of the stuff...Disc grinders, band saw, buffer Etc.
Whats really nice is that I can now sweep it out or vacuum it in less than a minute.

Momma is happy because now she doesn't have to look at it. She can park the car in the other half of HER garage (as she puts it) and now the mess isn't getting tracked into the house.

Best of all I can now make those late night trips to the shop Barefoot:p
to look at the latest design or go back to pick off that last bit of epoxy before it sets up!

Pics later this weekend.

I know what you mean about hot.I have become a night owl
I work on knives from about 12 am to about 3 or 4 in the morning
and then get up at noon.I can't stand Hot weather!
I am looking forword to seeing your new set up:)

Well done you lucky B%^$!@D I am happy one of us got a new shop the way it should be.

I'm so jelous I think I will go kick the cat or through a brick at my neighbour.

I'm looking forward to seeing the pics.

22 plugs exxxcelent.

Congratulations Robert! I know how good that one feels. I'm the king of extension cords, I just pray I don't burn down our house with all the lights I have going in the basement... I sure wish I had some way to deal with the dust, I'm just breathing that stuff.

Good for you! Like Reg, I'm looking forward to the pics.

Dave

PS - You better keep those curlies swept up from around the drill press if you're going barefoot! Ouch! (Need you ask why I mention that?) :rolleyes:

Good deal Robert, now go get that place dirty like a shop should be!

Hey David, try this. Go to Wally world and get a communist made fan and an air conditioner filter.We had this setup in an inclosed circuit board fabrication shop. After 2 or 3 days the filter would be loaded with resin from the solder flux.

Mark

Great Robert! It's funny how "mommas" alway have a strange sense of cars in the garage....for example, as we drive to the store, Sue alway points out how nice a house looks with the car in the garage and I always reply: " why would you waste a perfectly good garage by putting a car in it?"

Women...?:(

-Rob

Allright Robert, you made the move out of the garage! I can't wait to do that someday, but we may have to buy a new house to do so (an acre or two out in the country would be nice!)

By the way congratulations, I saw your picture in the latest issue of Blade last night at the bookstore (it's my 18th wedding anniversary so we took the kids out to eat with us and then went to the bookstore, exciting huh!)

Dave, Mark's suggestion works pretty well. I set one box fan up at one end of the garage so that it blows the grinder dust away from me towards the open garage door. I set another box fan up next to the grinder (between me and the garage door) with a regular 20"x20" furnace filter on it. It loads up real fast so it must work pretty well. When I'm done grinding I leave that fan running to circulate and filter the air in the entire garage. While not terribly efficient it does keep a majority of the dust problem down in the garage. Just don't put the filter too close to the grinder, the splarks blown side ways by the first box fan will set the filter on fire and the metal dust doesn't burn out as long as air is being drawn past it. Ask me how I know!:D

Back