Barehead, stag, equal end..... ideas?

Originally, I wanted something like a nice clean stag Hubertus, but an auto is just not an option in Louisiana (which is kind of funny since assisted knives and handguns are perfectly fine). I started looking for knives of similar styling. I found this Linder (312111) which is supposed to be like the one in "Raiders of the Lost Ark":

Linder3.jpg

Not many around, but I may can find one.

And the Hubertus I'd like, but can't even posses:

68.111.HH.11%20BERLIN%20(1280x561).jpg

If I ever move to a state where I can have one, I'll be getting one. :)

So, what are some other similar options?

Diefenthal, 'jagdmesser' model number DT0222, a Solingen brand has single blade stag lockbacks with that shape.

The real reason I want something like this:

You do already have the hat and bandana, yes? Otherwise, you have a coupla matters to take care of before you go for the knife. ;)

Here you go. Better move quick, not many left.
Northwoods Forest jack

Ah, so beautiful, even if not exactly what the OP has in mind.

Diefenthal, 'jagdmesser' model number DT0222, a Solingen brand has single blade stag lockbacks with that shape.

Based on that, I just found this picture in a 2008 BF thread:

Looks good...?

And, is possibly still available. OP, I've PMd you a link.

~ P.

thanks for the elaboration Pertinux, I have a few photos of another Diefenthal knife if the OP needs a general impression of the fit and finish.

Hubertus Special Stag One Blade Lock Back - 13300HH00

products-2385-1-original_Hubertus-Special-Stag-One-Blade-Lock-Back---13300HH00.jpg

Something like this.........

Thanks for the help folks. One of these might work out. Anyone have any impressions of the posted manufacturers?

here is one of the 2 Diefenthals I have ever owned. magnificently ground 440C blade, solid lock up
2s60uno.jpg

3vifk.jpg

on the other hand, a few gaps in the liners, which I didn't like
ipwntj.jpg

if you really want to go crazy, you could get your self an old puma - before 1985 vintage is still very fine

edited for better photos

I've got a Weidmannsheil Barehead in stag, about 4"+ Spear master and an interesting Sheepfoot minor which is the locking mechanism, depress it and the Master closes. Equal end shape (although CAN a Barehead be an EE??)

I've got a Weidmannsheil Barehead in stag, about 4"+ Spear master and an interesting Sheepfoot minor which is the locking mechanism, depress it and the Master closes. Equal end shape (although CAN a Barehead be an EE??)

Where's the pic?

Good question on EE. ;)

You will find, what you are looking for, on the HUBERTUS Internetsite (they are working on an english version).

Google "hubertus solingen", and on the site search for 12.300.HH.00 ... that's it :)

Another solution:
Take an HUBERTUS-SPRINGER without the spring but with a nail nick on the blade ... and you are "legal"!

By the way:
Beate and Henning Ritter (owners of the HUBERTUS factory) will be on the Blade Show in Atlanta :)

Last edited:
Back