Bark River Bushcraft sheath for Hiking Buddy

I hate to start a new thread for just a quick question, but I'd also hate to hijack one. Does anyone know, out of the "C" and "D" Sharpshooter Bushcraft sheaths, which most appropriately fits a Hiking Buddy? I'm going to grab my first Fiddleback when the right one comes along and I'm just planning ahead. Thanks in advance to anyone with any input or pictures. Have a good one.

Dave

Dave there are many fantastic sheath makers here on the forum that make custom fit sheaths at reasonable prices for the Hiking Buddy.

If you are set on a Sharpshooter sheath (good sheath) then I would recommend a "B" or a "C". I don't believe a "D" will hold a Hiking Buddy.

This is an 1/8" thick blade, tapered tang Hiking Buddy:

Hiking Buddy in Bushcraft "C"
IMG_20150103_155000_129-1_zps6xonqdgy.jpg

This would be my choice: (deeper fit)
Hiking Buddy in Bushcraft "B"
IMG_20150103_155203_109_zpswmcbqcif.jpg

Dave

I can't say enough good things about our own forum members that are makers. I own sheaths from every one and don't ask which is better. They are ALL EXCELLENT! Pick the style you like. They all make a Hiking Buddy sheath.

Our very own makers:

JouFuu sheaths
HJE sheaths
Diomedes Industries
Rick Lowe

MajorD,

Thanks so much for the pictures and your input. The pictures really are just the help needed. It's so hard for me to get a feel for the size of a blade until it is next to, or in this case, inside something I already have. This is the main reason why I am inquiring about the fit inside a Sharpshooter sheath. I own a few BRKT's, most of which just don't get used so they will be funding my Fiddleback purchase. Trying to decide which knives will be sacrificed and now I know I need to keep one with a "B" sheath which actually works out well for me.

I have been lurking in the leather areas and admiring all of the maker's work. All of them create some stunning art and I will be ordering at least one from someone, but first I want to be sure I'm ordering the knife that suits my carry needs. I may decide the HB is a little bigger than what I'm looking for. It seems to be borderline in my research. I may go for something smaller in the end as I tend to lean towards smaller blades for daily carry. Only one way to find out without knowing someone close with the product line. ;)

Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate the time you took to answer my question.

Dave

Back