Bark River Fox River review

Received my Fox River yesterday. I had traded my North Star for it. NS was nice, but the look and features of the Fox appealed to me more. Here are my impressions briefly:

Fit/Finish - superb. For being primarily hand made this knife has no blemishes that I can see. The NS had a few little quirky "flaws" to it. This one is perfect.

Style - what can I say. I LOVE it. This is the classiest looking knife I have ever handled. It is Maroon Micarta with beautiful mosaic pins. Simply gorgeous. Even my wife loved it (she really doesn't appreciate knives).

Cutting - rediculous. Came sharper out of the box than my North Star. It removed a swath of hair from my arm that now makes my arm look silly. It did this on one pass. I have used it to prep dinner and it was wonderful.

Other impressions - The handle is noticably larger than the NS which is great for me. The blade shape (drop point) is more my style too and the point is still quite usable (though not as good for drilling as the NS). The heft of this knife is great. Full tang with a very beefy lanyard loop makes this knife feel extra solid. The NS had a more delicate feel to it due to its light handle and smaller slabs. This thing feels MUCH more robust.

So in a word: I love this knife... :D

Nice, kbog!

Now to find me one to handle. I don't think I've ever handled or seen a Bark River Knife. Hmmmmm.
What is the OAL?
Tom

8.5 inches.

I showed my friend and he is hooked. He'd picking one up for hunting. :)