Basic #7 sheath and questions.

I just got a Basic #7 with a leather sheath. I was planning on using this as a general purpose camp and trail knife. I was thinking that I might like to get a Kydex sheath for this knife. Then I though that if I get a Kydex rig for it why dont I get a nice Kydex sheath, specifically a horizontal small of the back sheath. Do you think that this knife is to big for horizontal small of back carry? What other carry options would you recommend?
Thanks for the help,
Shawn

A number of years ago, I carried a Glock 17L with a horizontal small of the back holster. It's overall length was about 9" (6" barrel), but it disappeared underneath a jacket. Some folks thought I was crazy, but the 17L with Corbon +P ammo had the same ballistic performance of a .357 - but I had a magazine that held 19 rounds! Beat that S&W!

Anyway, back to knives...if that's what you want, go for it. As long as neither end of the knife sticks out, I don't see any problem. I'm sure it will be more comfortable than the Glock was since you don't have a handle running parallel with your spine.

If you get one made, check with Busse. Their new sheath maker did an amazing job on the two sheaths I just got for my #3 & #9. I'm sure he could make one that would be great. If I had a #7 instead of a #9, I'd have to think seriously about doing this myself. Too bad a #9 won't disappear on me. Good idea...

Be sure to let us know how it works out.

------------------
Knowledge without understanding is knowledge wasted.
Understanding without knowledge is a rare gift - but not an impossibility.
For the impossible is always possible through faith. - Bathroom graffiti, gas station, Grey, TN, Dec, 1988

AKTI Member #A000831

[This message has been edited by Codeman (edited 04-28-2000).]

Thanks Codeman. I have really been thinking that I would like a horizontal carry. I was thinking more from an ease of carry point of view vs. a concealability point of view. I was planning on using this knife as my camp and trail knife. I thought that this would be an easier carry.But if I could hide it also...
wink.gif

Thanks for your input,
Shawn

Back