Basic Update Thread

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
Coupla pics of the bench now that Derrick's order is out the door!

upddd100_1221-vi.jpg

upddd100_1222-vi.jpg

There are two Bow Legged Choppers for the run there, and a few of those sweet machete's you can see right away. Barberfobic's knife is in the tray there (scandi ladyfinger in 3/32 with no guard (I had to beef up the blade width a tad, btw bro). Couple of other orders too. Some folks had ordered real thick steel (.210"), and I couldn't resist doing a runt in this stuff! LOL. Several knives in 440C there. I'm really enjoying this steel. Too bad it gets an undeserved bad rap, because it grinds like butter! And a SS thats sharpenable and holds an edge real good too. Really sucks about the bad rap.

I'm going to try to get as many knives done by Dec 10 as I can so that you guys get a little buffer before Christmas!

Coupla pics of the bench now that Derrick's order is out the door!

Barberfobic's knife is in the tray there (scandi ladyfinger in 3/32 with no guard (I had to beef up the blade width a tad, btw bro).

Awesome, I'm really looking forward to it. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

very cool Andy...:thumbup: looks nice and organized man..glad to hear you're using some 440c.. it's a great working steel.. i like it..:)

I'm hearing a few of y'all say positive things about the 440C. This makes me happy. Among the knifemakers I've been talking to it has been agreed that the bad rap it gets is undeserved. Holds an edge, easy to sharpen, stainless. In fact. I was told yesterday that ATS34 is so close to 440C that they're undescernable.

Back