1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Battle Grade MOAB - This has to happen

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by RobStanley, Sep 30, 2017.

1. RedbeAR15

RedbeAR15 Platinum Plucker

Sep 29, 2008
    Mo AB...MO AB...MO AB...

2. Robdude

Robdude

Feb 27, 2015
    What in the Sam hell was this thread doing on page 2??!!:confused:..... back to the top

sixplymaple likes this.
  3. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    No MOAB announcement yet? o_O

BG MOAB / INFI MOAB / Basic MOAB!

4. gk4ever2

May 1, 2008
    It's taking a lot longer than I hoped. :(

BG MOAB / INFI MOAB / Basic MOAB! :)

5. gk4ever2

May 1, 2008
    Come on Jerry, how about some full flat ground, bowie style goodness? Mix it with some Res C, and it would be irresistible! :eek::D
    HOGB14, a.k.a. Basic MOAB!

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  6. gk4ever2

May 1, 2008
    Page 2?? :eek: Git back up there! ;):D

Crosier likes this.
  7. Robdude

Robdude

Feb 27, 2015
    Scoring a MOAB in its original, satin, infi form is a bucket list item that I want so desperately bad.. ya it's a "want"...but I want it with every fiber of my being.. every ounce of my soul..
    Back to the top!!

8. gk4ever2

May 1, 2008
    Another month has passed and no MOAB announcement. :(
    Maybe this month? :)

sixplymaple likes this.
  9. sixplymaple

sixplymaple Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2018
    I’m a fresh piglet with only 2 Busse blades, but would happily make it 3 blades if this thing came out... just saying :)

gk4ever2 likes this.
  10. sixplymaple

sixplymaple Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2018
    Even an SR-101 coated blade with some Resiprene C would be acceptable... :)

gk4ever2 likes this.
  11. gk4ever2

May 1, 2008
    THAT would make my day! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
    A Basic MOAB would be like a dream come true, and I would be grinning from ear to ear! :D

sixplymaple likes this.
  12. Leonardo63

Leonardo63 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2017
    Oh, it just warms my heart to see such innocence... how fondly I remember that few days when I only had 2 :D ~ funny story about something I did recently. I have a great friend who lives in Lithuaniia, kind of my adopted nephew, in fact one day he'll receive a letter regarding the wishes in my will. ~ So after sending him some new pictures of my latest Busse, he asked "Geez man, just how many do you have?" I said I'd have to go count, I'll let you know. So I replied back to him with the ones I counted. He was like "wow, that's cool" The next day I found a couple more so I had to message him back and update the count. He replied "Gee man, so many you don't even know? I'm worried about you" ..... we laughed..... the next day I came across 2 more :eek: so I messaged him again and said I had to adjust the number a wee bit ... he replied back "Dude, I need to tell you, but you're an addict, you need to admit you're addicted" LOL! Then I sent him a couple photos that some of these guys have posted and asked really? ... he said "Oh man, I'm so sorry, no you're ok, but those guys are ADDICTS" LOL! Yep, I aint got nothing on this crowd by any stretch.

So lets bring this big blade to life! Each time I say "that's it" .... there's another shiny object.....like moths to the flame we go. Best addiction I've ever enjoyed, and I've enjoyed a few. One of the most impactful visuals I saw early on was Rob and his CS MOAB chopping sht and just beating the hell out of it and then slicing vegetables in the kitchen with it- Bottom line is, I'm never dropping 2G's on a blade, but bring us that 101 and it's going to be hard to resist.

Crosier, gk4ever2 and sixplymaple like this.
  13. GregB

GregB Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2000
    Bring it. Those of us with shallow pockets need it....

gk4ever2 and sixplymaple like this.
  14. lmcq784

lmcq784

Feb 5, 2010
    I'd love to see a BG MOAB or "Basic MOAB" or Basic Bacon (due to pocket depth concerns, and not being a piglet yet when the MOAB was offered)... perhaps even two offerings of BG Thick Cut MOAB (0.4" like the original) and BG Thin Slice MOAB (~3/16" or <0.2")... Full/high flat or full convex.

I wouldn't mind how the bacon is wrapped (either Micarta, G10, or Res-C handles...), and SR101 is awesome (but I've also never owned or tried SR-77).

gk4ever2 likes this.
  15. Robdude

Robdude

Feb 27, 2015
    Infi, sr101 MOAB release MUST happen..

gk4ever2 likes this.
  16. drift draft

drift draft Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 12, 2007
    Mm. Retro Thinking

gk4ever2 likes this.
  17. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Make mine a BG MOAB / INFI MOAB / Basic MOAB!! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

gk4ever2 likes this.
  18. RobStanley

RobStanley Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Battle Grade MOAB. Black with black canvas handles.

gk4ever2 and Currawong like this.
  19. gk4ever2

May 1, 2008
    It's good to see all of the support for either a BG MOAB, INFI MOAB and/or Basic MOAB!
    Let's keep the momentum going, and post in this thread often! (Jerry's watching ;):D)

sixplymaple likes this.
  20. RobStanley

RobStanley Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2006
    evltcat likes this.