Battle L.A.

Jeff, I think that's pretty cool. I think the fact that someone who obviously sounds like he has his stuff together when it comes to gear and equipment searched ESEE out for their knives.

It speaks for what you and Mike have accomplished with ESEE.

I haven't seen it yet. I saw some reviews which were pretty bad for the most part. Of course I always enjoy the movies the critics hate, and the ones they like I typically don't. Which means it's almost a sure thing that I will love it.

One review had this to say: It's "Independence Day," and there's a "Black Hawk Down" in "District 9"!

Now how can that be a bad movie? May try to go this weekend.

I haven't seen it yet. I saw some reviews which were pretty bad for the most part. Of course I always enjoy the movies the critics hate, and the ones they like I typically don't. Which means it's almost a sure thing that I will love it.

One review had this to say: It's "Independence Day," and there's a "Black Hawk Down" in "District 9"!

Now how can that be a bad movie? May try to go this weekend.

I really don't get all of these critics. I've read a lot that say the movie is filled with cliches, the plot was horrible, script sucked ect ect.

It's a alien shoot em up movie for crying out loud. I enjoyed almost every minute of the film. If these critics want to be intellectually enlightened go take a course at the community college or something. Sheez

Saw it last night. I agree with those who thought the action was great and dialogue was crap. Contrived, scripted banter. :rolleyes: Bugs me every time.

I did see a knife in Eckhart's hand as he was gutting that alien. Couldn't positively identify it, but it looked the right size, and if the prop guy says he was carrying a 4... as far as I'm concerned a 4 was gutting an alien.

Which is very cool. :thumbup:

Toward the end of that alien knife autopsy scene there is a very short close up of the knife completely plunged into whatever organ they found. The knife appeared to be one of the OKC3S Bayonets. You could see ring on the hand guard that slides over the barrel.

Toward the end of that alien knife autopsy scene there is a very short close up of the knife completely plunged into whatever organ they found. The knife appeared to be one of the OKC3S Bayonets. You could see ring on the hand guard that slides over the barrel.

I'm gonna pretend I didn't read that. ;)

I enjoyed the film and whether or not any knives were featured mattered little to me. The contact for the film was wise in not supplying his name, as it's pretty tacky to talk about a project like that to others.

I enjoyed the film and whether or not any knives were featured mattered little to me. The contact for the film was wise in not supplying his name, as it's pretty tacky to talk about a project like that to others.

He's not a tacky guy at all. We've worked with him on a couple of projects now and he's one of the most logical real-deal guys I've ever dealt with. Hollywood is damn lucky to have him, IMO, and he has a right to his opinion especially when he puts in a lot of hard work to make something as real as possible. As he said, in the end it is the director's film, as it should be but that doesn't mean he doesn't have the right to complain. We have no problems with that. Disappointed we didn't get more exposure? Yes. Will we supply whatever they need for another project? You bet. They're good people just trying to do a good job. Pretty simple to me.

The movie was ok and it's nice to know ESSE knives was used in the movie but when it comes to rock, paper, scissors and aliens taking over the world. A M203 grenade launcher wins over any ESEE knife. Don't get me wrong I love ESEE knives, but my dear old dead daddy told me long ago to never take a knife to a gunfight or an alien invasion!

Last edited:
I saw Battle L.A., and will say that this turkey is SOoooo crappy, that it makes the usual pocket change productions on the Sci-fi channel look oscar worthy. If this thing really did cost $100 million there should be a criminal investigation. Absolutely the worst movie I have seen in many years - and I usually see them all.

Highlights:
- Piss poor acting
- Miserable dialog
- Poor CGI - combined with 90% shaky camera = unwatchable
- Every standard cliche gets thrown in for no reason at all.
- Obligatory whiny kid and "hero" who ignores his men and the battle to
care for said kid(for at lest 15% of the movie).
- no discernable plot
- video game flat aliens; they are only there to give the actors something to
shoot at.
- uninspired alien ships looks like someone raided a dumpster in silicon valley
- Aliens: all of that technology and completely unable to hit anything they
aim at.
- action is so ridiculous, it would be hard for an average 10 year old to
swallow it.
- the science part of this sci-fi is totally absent.
- people were walking out in the middle of the movie.

A worthless waste of film. This one is going straight to the DVD bargain bin.

n2s

saw it, and i barely kept watching to see it all, so yes, i didn't like it
didn't catch any ESEE knives though...

I saw it, it was what it was supposed to be. An alien invasion movie. Goofy dialogue, goofy action, but all fun.

I liked it, and thought the gutting sequence was a lot of fun.

Back