Battle Mistress too small ?!

Cliff Stamp

BANNED
Yesterday I got a very refreshing viewpoint of the Battle Mistress when I showed it to a friend from Maylasia. Back home for him the common blade is a Parang. The small one has a 12" blade and this is used when hunting and fishing. Common for use for clearing trails and other such uses are ones with up to 30" blades. They are about 1/4" thick with full convex grinds.

What was also interesting is that I have been showing him a lot of blades lately and the Battle Mistress is the first one that he really responded to in a positive way - even after I told him how much it cost.

-Cliff

Will,
I'm afraid that if you were to get ahold of an INFI machete, mesquite might become an endangered species
smile.gif

------------------
Semper Fi

You come up with a Parang size Busse to replace my CS ATC kukri and I'll sell my new M-9 beretta to have one!!!

Bronco--

At the turn of the 20th century, all of south Texas was a grassy plain. After more than a hundred years of running cattle, which ate mesquite along the riverbottoms and spread it across the prairie in their dung, many areas of south Texas are thickly forested. I say we begin reclamation just as soon as the Battle Mistress makes way for the mother of all machetes.

Now we need a contest to name it. How 'bout the Big Mother?

--Will

Hi Cliff,
I'd really like to talk to your friend, from Malaysia, if he's a knife enthusiast and outdoor person. I'm from Singapore, a neighbouring country. Please contact me by email, thanks.

hl_pang@yahoo.com

Pang

Back