• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bayou Lafourche...The BEST Service and Prices!!!

I called Roger at Bayou Lafourche and ordered a small, plain edge CRK&T "Urban Shark" as a Christmas gift for a friend. Not only was it the lowest price I've ever seen the Urban Shark offered for, I received the knife in TWO days!!!
Bayou Lafourche is THE place to order your knives. First class, A1, five star service. Plus, Roger has this "easy going" attitude that makes doing business with him a genuine pleasure.

Will

[This message has been edited by Will.223 (edited 12-06-2000).]

My brother just ordered some christmas gifts from Roger and was very pleased. The online ordering and delivery were painless. Just the way it should be.

Darn spelling errors

[This message has been edited by V-1 (edited 12-10-2000).]

Roger is definitely a dealer that is here for us. His online inventory is amazing for a web based dealer...I mean he usually has 95%+ in stock at any given time even obscurred things like when I wanted a Case Trapper sheath. His prices are great, he has both a web site and a 888 number and the guy is there 6 days a week. I have even called late at night and he has picked up the phone.

Rog does a great job and we're lucky we have him here along with the other fantastic dealers.
Bayou Laforche

------------------
~Greg Mete~
Kodiak Alaska

JKM-Chai

[This message has been edited by Kodiak PA (edited 12-10-2000).]

I just ordered (from Roger)a CRK&T Urban Shark for my wife's godfather for XMas about one hour ago.
I used online ordering.

I'm hoping for such good results as all of you have posted here before on "The Good, Bad, & Ugly".

Whenever I check into buying a new knife I look at BayouLafourche Knifeworks first. Roger always seems to kave the lowest prices anywhere.

This is my first purchase through him.
I'm sure that I won't be disappointed.

Hell, I already think he is #1. I was one of the winners in his last giveaway.
biggrin.gif

--The Raptor--

My first order with Roger is Spyderco Viele.
My second is REKAT Sifu.

But in between, I recommended him to my friends.

Really happy dealing with him.
smile.gif

I just ordered 6 opinels from him. Great prices and low shipping. Can't figure out why I never ordered from him before.

------------------
Hoodoo

I get some pleasure from finding a relentlessly peaceful use for a combative looking knife.
JKM

I just received the William Henry folder I ordered from Roger at Bayou LaFourche Knife Works...I'm extremely pleased with the knife as well as Roger's service and (unbelievably) low prices. Every transaction I've made with Roger has been very pleasant; I can't recommend him highly enough.

Now if I can just figure out how to pronounce Bayou LaFourche...
smile.gif

I told you!!!
In this day and age, customer service like Bayou Lafourche offers is very difficult to find. Roger is to be saluted!

Will

My father in law is getting on in years. A couple of weeks ago he was telling me about a certain Case Stockman he carried as a kid. I went to the Bayou Lafourche website, and there it was. I went ahead and ordered the Case for my father in law as one of his Christmas gifts last monday. (12/18)
What do you want to bet it'll be here tomorrow or the next day?
That's how much confidence I have in Roger!
It'll be here.
smile.gif

Will

TAA DAA!!!
Told you so!
It's wednesday noon on 12/20 in Louisville and I just got a delivery from UPS. It was the knife I ordered, on line, from Roger at Bayou Lafourche on monday, 12/18.
I was so confident that I was going to get the right knife, at the lowest price, which I ordred just TWO days ago, I posted on the board last night calling for bets.
smile.gif

I'm holding the knife in my hand right now.
All I'm saying is, if you want a certain knife, at the best price, and you want it NOW, give Roger at Bayou Lafourche a call. No disappointments, no excuses, no "BS". Just the knife you wanted at the lowest price delivered to your door two days later!

Will

[This message has been edited by Will.223 (edited 12-20-2000).]

Well, got home and my package was waiting for me. Two days to delivery. I am most impressed. Thanks, Roger.

Just want to say (again!) what a pleasure it is to deal with Roger. He is a wonderful gentleman who will go out of his way to "make it right" for you. Absolutely one of the best knife dealers anywhere. If his prices were higher, I'd still deal with him. That's because in my dealings with him, it's clear he puts customer service as his main priority. For that, I'm very thankful. Thanks Roger, and Merry Christmas and much success!

------------------
Hoodoo

I get some pleasure from finding a relentlessly peaceful use for a combative looking knife.
JKM

I just wnated to come back to this thread to add in my "Thank-You" to Roger for his timely dealing with my order.

As I stated earlier in this thread, I had ordered a CRKT Urban Shark for my wife's Godfather. I also added in a large 8oz. bottle of Tuf-Glide (TG) for myself.
The knife was in stock but the TG was expected in the next day. Roger immediately confirmed the order and told me of the situation and that he would get in the TG the next day & ship right away.
Unfortunately, his supplier did not ship the TG to him.
So what does Roger do?
He immediately (again) notifies me of the situation and offers to send the knife now & the TG when it comes in. My response was to tell him that the knife was a Xmas gift and the TG was only for me & to feel free to ship the knife now.
He responded once again and indicated that is what he would do.

So, a few days go by and I'm wondering why the knife hasn't arrived yet. Then I get an email (from UPS) telling me that it will arive four days from then. That was OK with me since it would be before Xmas.

Soooo, the moral of this story is.....Roger made the decision (on his own) to hold the knife back & wait for his next delivery of TG so that he could make good on the original order as placed.
Note-This is a good thing!!!
smile.gif

Soooooooo, today both the knife & the TG arrived & before XMas.
biggrin.gif

I guess what I have been trying to say here is this:
Roger goes (at least in my case) way beyond what others do to completely satisfy his customer.
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

How many others would have notifed & kept you informed all the way like he did???
My guess would be not too many.

Take what is said here on this thread as the truth. Look him up if you are looking for more than a knife, if you're looking for great customer service!!!

--The Raptor--

[This message has been edited by Raptor (edited 12-22-2000).]

I'm delighted to move this thread to the top of the forum.
You want the knife you ordered now? (Or at aleast in a couple of days?) Send Bayou Lafourche (Roger) an e-mail.

No foolin'
Will

I've been dealing with Roger for quite a while now, many knives under the bridge, and he ALWAYS comes through. He has a delivery map on his website, and you can take the delivery times to the bank. I'm fortunate in that I consistantly get ONE DAY delivery when ordered during the week. I have a William Henry on order (will be here tuesday) and a Spydie Shabaria (will be here wednesday). Consider that these were ordered two and one days before Christmas,respectively, one on a saturday and one on Sunday. If you get the chance, give Roger a PX sometime.He is a real gent and great to talk to.The industry we love is doing OK when it has folks like him on the front line.

------------------
AKTI Member #A000934
"Always just one knife short of perfection!"

Back