1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

BBCode Question

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Kevin W., Jul 11, 2019.

1. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2019
    I'm looking at getting a membership in order to post some items on the exchange.

I would like to be able to use tables in the posts. However, I can't seem to get the bbcode for a table to work (at least in preview).

Is it not supported?

Thanks for any help you all can provide.

2. benchwarmer380

benchwarmer380 Valyrian Member Platinum Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I believe xenforo requires an add on to be able to use tables. I don't think it is currently included as I haven't seen one used since the forums switched over from vbulletin a couple years ago. Could be wrong on that though.

How did you plan to use the tables in your for sale thread?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Kevin W. and Kiah like this.
  3. Kevin W.

Feb 19, 2019
    Thanks for the info. Was just going to use them for specifications. My OCD can not handle a massive paragraph of information.

Just trying to keep it nice and clean and easy to read.

benchwarmer380 likes this.
  4. Kevin W.

Feb 19, 2019
    Looks like 2.1 can now handle tables. So I guess the site just hasn't updated?

5. benchwarmer380

benchwarmer380 Valyrian Member Platinum Member

Sep 17, 2012
    A clean thread is always appreciated. :thumbsup:

I'd browse around a bit to see what other folks do. Many are pretty good at putting all the info in a nice and tidy format.

Also, if you intend to include knife specifications like length, weight ect you could just link to the manufacturer's site to save yourself some time and space.