BCS Custom Knives from Montana

I have some custom knives from Helena Montana
I was wondering if anyone might know the maker. The blade is stamped w/viper or cobra with the ints.B C S all the handles are made of stag horn, some w/turquoise chuck set in.I have pics any info greatly appreciated. I know they are 20-25 yrs old and all sheaths are hand made by BODEN HIDE WORKS
Thanks Alot
vintedge

These knives are called track knives,and the sheaths are made of leather w/western look that fasten by wrapping leather lanyard over knife' brass gaurd and around a piece of small stag antler on the sheath.

photo7.jpg

I don't recognize that maker or mark, but Steve Hulett at Seldom Seen Custom Knives in West Yellostone might know who that is. You could also try contacting any of the other many Montana knifemakers like Ed Caffrey

Steve Hulett
Seldom Seen Knives
115 Yellowstone Ave
West Yelloswtone, MT 59758
phone: 406-646-4166
Toll free: 888-755-0634

These knives are made about 15 miles from me by Bob and Christie Schopp. (hence BCS) The mark is actually a rattlesnake if you look close. He used to have several employees and make all kinds of knifes liteally by the ton! He just works by himself now and mostly sells at the Sturgis Biker rally. I still heat treat stainless for him occasionally, but he mostly works with 1095. Bob is a Vietnam Combat Vet and his wife is a tatoo artist and they are a nice couple.

Schopp's Knife Works
2051 Oro Fino Gulch
Helena Mt. 59601
(406) 443-7106

[This message has been edited by Rob Simonich (edited 06-03-2001).]

Back