1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Be on the lookout for a stolen Shirogorov 95 T

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by OhioApexing, Jul 5, 2019.

1. OhioApexing

OhioApexing Sharpener Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 17, 2018
    Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/UpTlhUB

I’m posting this across several platforms; my apologies if you see this repeated elsewhere.

I recently won this thing in a reddit raffle and it was supposedly “delivered in/at mailbox” at 11:16 AM on June 19th. I was at my mailbox no later than 12 PM and it was nowhere to be found.

I’ve exhausted all possibilities with USPS and it seems there is nothing they can do. I also filed a police report a couple of days later. I’ve been searching reddit, eBay, the selling forum here, OfferUp, LetGo, Craigslist, and elsewhere. Police are checking pawn shops. Here is a description:

Shirogorov 95 T dark blue anodization
    • Vanax 37 steel
    • Serial number 6037628
    • Has fairly distinctive marks on the plunge where a previous owner had sharpened it.

Not really looking for advice (other than places to look for it) nor sympathy. I don’t have much money tied up in it but this is one hell of a Shiro and I was really quite excited about it. I've never owned one and as a sharpener, was looking forward to working with Vanax 37.

NOTE: If you run across it, do me a favor and do not message the seller nor report it. Message me. I don’t want whomever to delete the listing and throw it in a lake. I’ve talked to the police about how I could get it back and I’d like to try those methods.

ScooterG likes this.
  2. Banter 247

Banter 247

Feb 22, 2019
    Best of luck, sir. I hope you get ahold of it.

3. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    That sucks. You should to ahead and file for the insurance on it.

4. CPM3V

CPM3V Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2019
    I dont know how often the police check pawn shops, You might want to stop by yourself in the next few days. In my very limited experience police are usually to busy to do much to track down stuff like that unfortunately. You also might consider searching "knife" and put in the ebay box with in 50 miles or something. They may not know what they have. Just a thought. I hope you find it!

5. bobobama

bobobama Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2017
    Sounds like he already did. The key part is if USPS logs it in as delivered, and then it's stolen (it's happened to me) your SOL.

6. Arathol

Arathol

Jan 1, 2003
    Start your investigation with the mail man. Did he actually deliver the knife, and where did he deliver it? Where did he leave the package? Any chance it was returned to the PO because nobody was there to take delivery?

7. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Was there Signature Confirmation on it? If there was and it was just dropped in the box without your signature you may still have a claim.

DocJD likes this.
  8. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    :( That really does hurt ! I wouldn't count on the police to recover this unless you are just extremely lucky .

I don't understand why something of this value would be sent without signature receipt ? :confused:

9. dirc

dirc

Jan 31, 2018
    this nonsense needs to end... people literally chase ups & postal trucks around to steal stuff a few min.after delivery
    the stings already done need to be expanded to all towns/cities, this is 101 easy for local pd's to do all over

also, we can do this ourselves to mess with them ; )

10. gazz98

gazz98 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Damn. Sorry for your loss Ohio. That sucks.

One of the few benefits of working 3rd shift and sleeping during the day is that I rarely miss USPS, Fedex, or UPS knocking on the door for a package.